It has been an exciting month for our sister hotel, The Grand Hotel in Salem! ”The Block” of the Salem Oregon Convention Center, The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill was recognized for their environmentally sound practices at the 2011 Mid-Valley Green Awards in Salem, Oregon!
“The Block” was named “Large Sustainable Business Of The Year” at the 2011 Mid-Valley Green Awards in Salem, Oregon!
The Grand Hotel in Salem and Bentley’s Grill and The Salem Conference Center is the first hotel and restaurant and conference center in Salem and Marion County to be EarthWISE certified.
We are very proud to be a part of a company that engages in sustainable practices in everyday operations, and strives to do business with other companies who share dedication to “green” business practices. A few of our green operational practices include:
- Use 100% recycled paper for all printed material
- Utilize Earth friendly cleaning solutions
- Installation of earth friendly drainage systems
- Energy Star appliances used throughout the hotel
- Sleeping room towel and linen program
- Recycling in all guest rooms as well as public areas
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulb throughout the hotel