There is a bounty of local festivals and celebrations this month in and around Portland, Oregon! Here are a few highlights of what you will find just minutes from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport. A special thanks to the Washington County Visitors Association for sharing this great info!
Beaverton Harvest Market Saturday, Nov. 19 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fill your cornucopia at this one-time harvest market, timed perfectly for the Saturday before Thanksgiving. In addition to seasonal foods, the market features vendors offering flowers and crafts
German Holiday Market at German American School, Beaverton
Saturday, Nov. 19 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) &
Sunday, Nov. 20 (10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Enjoy traditional German food, novelties, nutcrackers and live entertainment at this free, two-day event, which is in its 12th year. Admission is free. For more information, please contact the school at 503-626-9089
Thanksgiving Wine Weekend- Various Washington County wineries Friday, Nov. 25 – Sunday, Nov. 27
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Celebrate Thanksgiving weekend in Washington County’s wine country, when wineries are all open and often have special perks such as vintage tastings, live music and/or light appetizers.
16th Annual Holiday Ale Festival November 30th – Sunday, December 4th, 2011. Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland. Each year, the Holiday Ale Festival annually gathers up dozens of these winter warmers for a joyous five-day celebration. More than 40+ breweries will be featured at this year’s event, all of which are created specifically to bring warmth and cheer to the holiday season.
Hillsboro “Holly Days” Market Saturday, Dec. 3 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Second & Main Streets, downtown Hillsboro
This seasonal market is held in conjunction with the tree lighting and Santa visit. This year, there will be about 35 vendors, as well as live entertainment and activities for children. More info.
Hard core shoppers know there are holiday bargains to be found on Black Friday. For many, it is a holiday tradition to wake up before dawn the day after Thanksgiving and advantage of the great deals retailers offer. Lets not forget one of the perks about visiting Oregon during this time is tax free holiday shopping!
To make shoppers a bit more comfortable, we are offering a special Black Friday Package for $99 that includes an early, on-the-go breakfast. Why wake up early, skip breakfast, and travel to get to your shopping destination?
Here is a guide for travelers to find some popular local spots for holiday shopping! Enjoy!
7455 SW Bridgeport Rd.
Tigard, OR 97224
• Easy-access location just off Interstate 5 on the border of Tualatin and Tigard
• European-style, outdoor shopping area with nearly 500,000 sq. ft. of retail, restaurant and theater space
• Blend of upscale national and local retailers, 10 restaurants, multiplex movie theater with IMAX
Washington Square Mall
9585 SW Washington Square Rd.
Tigard, OR 97223
• Traditional major mall located in Tigard along Hwy. 217 near its junction with Interstate 5
• Built in 1974, expanded and renovated in 2005 to become one of the largest retail centers in the Portland metropolitan area
• Four anchor department stores including Oregon’s largest Nordstrom, 170 distinctive retailers including the West Coast’s only Dick’s Sporting Goods, five restaurants and 11-eatery Food Court
Woodburn Company Stores
The largest outlet center in Oregon with big-name brands and outlet savings at more than 95 stores, including: adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Columbia Sportswear, J.Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Nike Factory Store, The North Face, Under Armour and more!
Minutes from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport and Located just 25 minutes south of Portland, off I-5 at Woodburn Exit 271.
Please call the Front Desk directly at 866-968-5757 and ask for the “Black Friday Special” to take advantage of this offer.
As we prepare for the holidays here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, this is the ideal time book your holiday gathering or end of the year meeting.
Whether you are planning a family function for one hundred or a professional business lunch for ten, formal or informal, The Grand Hotel has over 2,150 square-feet of flexible meeting space to accommodate your next meeting or special event.
From our festive, inviting interior to our full-service, professionally trained staff, we are a distinctively different luxury facility ready to host your next event.
Inspired by sustainable, local farms and ingredients, our on-site catering team brings the Northwest’s freshest seasonal offerings to the table. Select items from our extensive menu or work with our staff to create a customized meal that you and your guests are sure to remember.
- The Bridgeport Room offers 1,750 square feet of flexible meeting space, perfect for your next special event. Open the French doors for access to almost 600 additional square feet on our stone patio.
- Available in the afternoon and evening, our Breakfast Room is perfect for casual luncheons, dinners and social events in and around Tigard. The Breakfast Room features 1,650 square feet of meeting space on an as-is basis.
- At 415 square feet, our Executive Board Room is ideal for board meetings, breakout sessions and workshops in the Tigard area. Located past our lobby on the first floor, the Board Room offers natural lighting and plenty of privacy.
To learn more about our meeting space and event space, please contact 503-968-5757 in Tigard or toll free at 866-968-5757 and ask for “Special Events”.