Willamette Valley is the place to be for Memorial Day 2012! Over 150 wineries and tasting rooms will be open all over the region May 26-28, 2012 for the 22st annual Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country.
This is the perfect way for wine lovers to kick off the summer season with extraordinary tastings, vineyard tours, food, special events and entertainment.
As an added bonus, Willamette Valley Wineries will donate a portion of event fees (or other proceeds) to Ecotrust’s Farm to School Programs. These programs work to bring more locally-grown, healthy products to the school lunchroom, educate children about agriculture and support regional farmers.
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.
For more information and to plan your weekend visit Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
Need a place to stay? The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is proud to offer wine lovers luxurious accommodations, free parking, free WiFi(helpful as you are planning your afternoon of wine tasting!), and a free chef prepared breakfast the following morning! What more do you need? Book a Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Wine Package and you will see what we mean!