Fall is just around the corner and this is the perfect time to indulge in some tax free shopping and a bit of “me” time as you relax in your hotel room. While you are on your visit, we suggest that you be on the look out for some of these fun local events recommended by our staff:
Ongoing: Events, concerts and tastings at wineries throughout the region. See northwillamettevintners.org for details.
September Event Staff Picks
- Music Fest NW in Portland September 5-9
- Tualatin Riverfront Music Festival September 8
- Bridgeport Village Girls’ Night Out September 13
- Tualatin Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration September 15
- Very Engaging Bridal Event at Bridgeport Village Sunday, September 30th
October Event Staff Picks:
- North Willamette Harvest Trail and Grand Tasting October 06
- The 26th Annual Great Onion Festival Saturday, October 13
- Smith Berry Barn Heirloom Apple Festival October 13-14
- Oregon Heritage Farms Apple Festival October 14
- 9th Annual West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta Sat, Oct 20th
More Portland Events:
- Art in the Pearl – Labor Day weekend
- Time-Based Art (TBA) Festival – September 6-16
- Feast Portland September 21-22
- Portland Fashion Week October 5-9
- Portland Open Studios October 13-14, 20-21
- Wordstock October 11-14 (Portland’s literary festival)
For more info, go to www.travelportland.com
The Tualatin Riverfront Music Festival is happening on Saturday, September 8 at Tualatin Community Park.
The Riverfront Music Festival will feature music from Rust, De La Warr & special guests. There will also be food and drink and more fun for the whole family. Tickets are $5 in advance and $7 at the gate.
Organizers are seeking event volunteers to help with set-up, take-down, registration, security, and more. In return, you get to enjoy the Music Festival for free on September 8. For more information on volunteering, visit or email www.tualatinriverkeepers.org email@example.com.
Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) is a community-based organization working to protect and restore Oregon’s Tualatin River system. TRK builds watershed stewardship through education, public access to nature, restoration and advocacy.
Labor Day weekend is just weeks away and another summer is coming to a close. Before you put away that suitcase, there is time to book one last getaway before the summer ends.
Here are some fun local events to check out:
- Final concert of the 2012 Summer Concert Series 6:30-8:30pm in Bridgeport Village Center Court Thursday, August 30 featuring the The Beatniks (free)
- Final concert of the 2012 Tualatin Concerts on the Commons Friday, August 31 6:30-8:30 PM featuring Lino (Classical/ New Age Guitar). Concerts are held on the plaza near the lake at Tualatin Commons. (free)
- 16th annual Art In The Pearl Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in Portland
- This event features hundreds of talented artists and is considered to be one of the top crafts festivals in the country. Northwest Portland Park neighborhoods are filled with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Shopping: Labor Day Sales at Bridgeport Village
Labor Day weekend is also a terrific time to explore Willamette Valley’s Wineries. Many of them host open house events and invite guests to come in for tastings, tours and more. You can also create your own wine tour and drive the Vineyard and Valley Tour Route (please drive responsibly):
- Anam Cara Cellars with the Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers Labor Day Weekend Annual Open House Walk through the vines, taste the grapes from individual blocks along with barrel samples of the wines before blending. We’ll also have current releases and an informal “picnic.” Friendly dogs are very welcome. Tastings just $10 which includes food and great company! Location: Nicholas Vineyard, 22222 SW Nicholas View Drive,97140,Sherwood
- Labor Day Open House at Arborbrook Vineyards 17770 NE Calkins Lane Newberg, OR 97132 Bid adieu to summer at the annual Labor Day Open House Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
- Labor Day Weekend Open House at Archery Summit 18599 NE Archery Summit Road Dayton, OR 97114 Come out for a wonderful afternoon of Pinot Noir tasting tours and more. Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
Kick it up a notch and reserve one of our packages that combine our luxurious guest rooms and suites with some of the best that the Bridgeport, Tigard and Tualatin areas have to offer. We currently offer the following packages. Visit grandhotelbridgeport.com for details:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Wine Tour Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Up, Up, and Away!
Lights, Camera, Action