Willamette Valley Wineries invites you to the 23rd annual Memorial Weekend event, May 25-27, 2013.
For the past 23 years, Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms throughout the region kick off the summer by opening their doors inviting the public to spend Memorial Day weekend in Oregon Wine country. Visitors can expect to partake in extraordinary tastings of the region’s acclaimed Pinot noir, Pinot gris and other exciting wines, vineyard tours, food, special events and entertainment.
Here’s your chance to explore wine country in a fun and casual setting or spend the weekend getting to know the smaller or newer producers that are only open on Memorial Day & Thanksgiving weekends.
Now is the time to plan your visit by completing the following actions:
- Request a copy of the printed Guide to Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country, which includes all winery activities and a touring map. Simply email email@example.com to request your guide (distributed in early May). Please include your mailing address.
- Plot your course with these wine tasting routes.
- Get ready to sip with these wine tasting tips.
- Sign up for a special Memorial Weekend Wine Essentials Class to start your wine tasting experience on the right foot.
- Use the Mobile Wine Tour to navigate to your destinations, offering turn-by-turn directions to our wineries right on your smart phone.
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.
For more information and to plan your weekend visit Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
Need a place to stay? The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is proud to offer wine lovers luxurious accommodations, free parking, free WiFi(helpful as you are planning your afternoon of wine tasting!), and a free chef prepared breakfast the following morning! What more do you need? Book a Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Wine Package and you will see what we mean!