In Travel Portland’s article Eco-Friendly Portland, Go Green on your Vacation the benefits of Portland’s passion for all things green take many forms:
- One of the world’s best culinary scenes, bursting with fresh, locally grown ingredients;
- Verdant parks and gardens in the city, and majestic mountains, rivers and wilderness all around;
- Clean, accessible public transport, including a convenient light-rail connection between the airport and downtown;
- Ample trails for hiking and cycling; and
- An eco-conscious hospitality community that offers certified green accommodations, tours and more.
When we opened our doors in August of 2009, one of our objectives was to make The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport as earth-friendly as possible. It makes us feel good as a company to reduce wasteful operations and toxic products. We also strive to do business with other companies who share our dedication to “green” business practices. A few of our green standards are:
- Using 100% recycled paper for all printed material
- Utilizing eco-friendly cleaning solutions
- Installation of earth friendly drainage systems
- Energy Star appliances used throughout the hotel
- Sleeping room towel and linen program
- Recycling in all guest rooms as well as public areas
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulb throughout the hotel
What are your thoughts? We would love to hear your comments on our blog or on our Facebook Page and hear your ideas on how you think we can make our hotel even “greener”.
Credit: Travel Portland