Talk about a “claws for celebration”!
The Tualatin Crawfish Festival is the nation’s oldest crawfish festival west of the Mississippi.
Whether or not you are a fan of crawfish (and there is plenty of it) this is two-day, fun-filled family event has something for everyone: arts, crafts, services, retail products, food complete with fireworks on Saturday evening.
The theme picked to tie in Tualatin’s 100 year old birthday with this years Crawfish Festival is “Tualatin Centennial Claws for Celebration” (so we can’t take credit for the clever pun in the opening sentence).
Make a weekend of it and book a room at Grand Hotel at Bridgeport! Enjoy the convenience of our close proximity to the festival along with a complimentary breakfast buffet, indoor pool, workout room, comfortable over-sized rooms and suites, complimentary high-speed internet access (either hard-wired or wifi), refrigerator, microwave, coffee station complete with organic NW coffee and local teas and more.
Let us help you! Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us by calling (503) 968-5757 or toll-free at (866) 968-5757.
Have you let this summer pass by without planning a little R & R for yourself? Don’t worry, summer is technically not over until September 21st so there is plenty of time to plan a much needed getaway to Oregon’s Washington Country/Portland area.
Need some help planning your trip? Our front desk staff will be happy to give you recommendations on fun attractions and events! You should can check the following resources for additional ideas:
Here are some local summer festivals coming up that are worth checking out.
- Bridgeport Village Summer Concert Series- Each Thursday evening through August 29th
- Washington County Fair, July 25-28: The annual Washington County Fair returns to the Washington County Fair Complex in Hillsboro with a weekend of carnival rides, live music and entertainment, food and more. Admission is free; individual events may have admission fees.
- 2013 Oregon International Air Show, July 26-28: The Oregon International Air Show is one of the premier aviation events in the Pacific Northwest, and features some of the best in aviation from all over the United States and Canada. The Entertainment Center, KidZone and Military Village offer exciting displays and fun for kids and adults alike. Local vendors will be on hand selling everything from souvenirs to tasty food. Tickets start at $20 ($25 after July 19); discounts for seniors, military and kids, ages 6-12.
- Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival, August 9-10: The fifth annual Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival returns to Washington County to showcase Oregon’s culinary culture with dozens of world-class wineries, restaurants and numerous culinary artisans.
- Summer Fest & Garlic Out West, August 9-11: Experience two evenings and three days of good music, food, entertainment, and fun at the 2013 Summer Fest & Garlic Out West. This event offers a 10k Run with Oregon Road Runners, a vintage Car Show, old fashioned parade down Main Street and a Pancake Breakfast. Kids can enjoy a full-size playground, exciting inflatables play area and rock wall. Free admission.
- Tualatin Crawfish Festival, August 9-10: Celebrate good eating–and the city of Tualatin’s 100th birthday–at the Tualatin Crawfish Festival, the nation’s oldest crawfish festival, west of the Mississippi. This is a two-day, fun-filled family event with a variety of food, entertainment, contests, activities for all ages and more.
- Annual Banks Bar-B-Que and Truck & Tractor Pull, August 17-19: This popular community event must be seen to be believed, and features a combine destruction derby, parade, car show, truck tug-of-war, garden tractors and more. General admission is free. Grandstand admission starts at $10 for adults, $5 for kids, ages 6-16.
- Oregon Renaissance Festival, Weekends, Saturday, Aug. 24 – Sunday, Sept. 29: Transport yourself to a 16th century European village at the inaugural Oregon Renaissance Festival, in town for 13 days of merriment. Enjoy talented artists, non-stop stage entertainers, food, crafts, pageantry and encounter beautiful maidens, wandering minstrels, joking jesters and jugglers. Magicians, acrobats, comedians, swordfighters, pirates and fairies will entertain and delight. Be sure to meet the “washing well wenches” and daily performance of an armored jousting. Feast on renaissance-inspired food and drink, including: savory turkey legs, steak on a stake, bangers & mash and chocolate-covered cheesecake.
For a complete list of summer events, including one-day annual events and special events, please visit our Events & Festivals Calendar.
TripAdvisor® is one of the top trusted travel sites that features consumer reviews and advice on hotels, resorts, flights, vacation rentals, vacation packages, travel guides, and more.
Why is this a big deal to us?
#1-Only the top-performing 10% of businesses listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award.
#2- This is the 2nd year in a row we have received this honor. Our sister hotel, The Grand Hotel in Salem, has received this award for 3 years in a row….and we can’t let them have ALL the fun (a little sibling rivalry)!
#3- This means that we have consistently achieved outstanding TripAdvisor reviews by the people who matter most: YOU!
To qualify for a Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five. Our staff works hard to bring the best travel experience possible to our guests and we are extremely proud to be recognized for our sparkling-clean, well-maintained hotel. Click here to see our reviews on TripAdvisor.
From all of us at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, Thank You again!
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site*, enabling travelers to plan and have the perfect trip. TripAdvisor offers trusted advice from real travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 200 million unique monthly visitors**, and over 100 million reviews and opinions. The sites operate in 30 countries worldwide, including China under daodao.com. TripAdvisor also includes TripAdvisor for Business, a dedicated division that provides the tourism industry access to millions of monthly TripAdvisor visitors.