There is no better place to celebrate the beginning of summer than in Oregon’s wine country. We are fortunate to be near the heart of Willamette Valley, one of Oregon’s leading wine regions and home to more than 300 wineries.
The valley extends hundreds of miles along the Willamette River from the Portland area to south of Eugene. It is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing areas in the world.
Relax and unwind by booking one of the wine tour packages at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport! Many of the Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms, including our wine tour package partners,
will open their doors to the public for special tastings, food, entertainment, tours and more during the Memorial Day Weekend: May 23-25, 2014.
This annual event features tastings of new releases, barrel samples, food pairings, live music and other activities. Tasting fees vary from $5-20, and each year, several wineries donate a portion of proceeds to a designated, local charity. Be sure to check with each winery for individual schedules. See a list of wineries in Oregon’s Washington County.
Make your reservations now! Please call us toll-free at: 866-968-5757
Here are some valuable resources via Willamette Valley Wineries to help you make the most of your wine country getaway. Some of these tools include
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.