Memorial Day Wine-Tasting Weekend 2016 begins May 28th at 11AM until May 30th at 5PM.
Summer is approaching and there’s no better time and place to celebrate its arrival than in Oregon’s wine country on Memorial Day Weekend! This annual event features tastings of new releases, barrel samples, food pairings, live music and other activities, with tasting fees varying from $5-25. Every year several wineries donate a portion of proceeds to a designated local charity, so it’s not only fun – it’s for a good cause!
Be sure to check with each winery for individual schedules, but consider a few of these wineries below:
- North Willamette Vintners Vineyards: May 28th – May 30th, 10AM to 5PM
- A Blooming Hill Vineyard
- Apollini Vineyards
- Adiri Winery and Vineyards
- Blizzard Wines
- Oak Knoll Winery
- And many more!
- Solena Estate: May 28th – May 29th, 10AM-5PM
- Owen Roe Vineyard: May 28th
- Left Coast Cellars: May 28th-May 30th, 12PM-5PM
- Maysara Winery: May 28th-May 30th, 11AM-5PM
The weekend also kicks-off Oregon Wine Month, a state-wide celebration throughout the month of June. So take our advice: relax and unwind by booking our wine tour package at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport! Many of the Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms, including our wine tour package partners, are featured in this package!
Make your reservations now! Please call us toll-free at: 866-968-5757
Here are some valuable resources via Willamette Valley Wineries to help you make the most of your wine country getaway. Some of these tools include
Here are some additional tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.