Theatre-goers and music lovers staying at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport may be interested to know about the The Broadway Rose Theatre Company. The theatre, located just minutes from our hotel, is the only professional musical theater company in Washington County. The theatre combines nationally and locally recognized professionals with high quality production values to bring performances that rival national Broadway tours. A local favorite, The Broadway Rose Theatre was selected as the 2009 “Business of the Year” by the Tigard Chamber of Commerce.
The next production, Winter Wonderettes, The New ’60s Christmas Musical Created by Roger Bean, opens November 19 and will run through December 20. Gal-pal singing group The Marvelous Wonderettes have been invited to perform at the 1968 holiday party for Harpers Hardware Store. Beauty queen Cindy Lou, wise-crackin’ gum chewin’ Suzy, shy gal Missy, and scrappy Betty Jean create a rockin’ lively mix of 50s and 60s holiday hits and standards. But when Santa turns up missing, the girls must use their talent and creative ingenuity, with the support of some great familiar and not-so-familiar holiday gems, to rectify their holiday party without the jolly big guy in red. The result is a marvelous show that will have you dancing in the aisles and celebrating in Winter Wonderettes style.
For ticket information, visit www.broadwayrose.com.
Photo Credit: Craig Mitchelldyer
The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport has been warmly embraced by our new neighbors- The Bridgeport Village shopping district. We found this unique mix of local, regional and national shops located 10 miles south of downtown Portland to be among the best shopping districts in Oregon. Our guests will be sure to enjoy amenities such as special events, concerts and store promotions, the newest film releases at the Regal Cinemas Bridgeport Village Stadium 18 & IMAX, superior guest services, a children’s play area conveniently located near center court, and free WIFI at Center Court and select stores.
Here is the best part: TAX FREE Shopping at elegant stores such as Crate & Barrel, Z Gallerie, The Container Store, Tommy Bahama, Cole Haan, Eileen Fisher, Oregon Scientific, Shoefly, Carl Greve, Bella Casa, Oblation Papers & Press, Anthropologie, BCBG MAXAZRIA, Coldwater Creek, Goodnight Room, Mario’s 3.10, lucy and so many more.
TAX FREE Dining at a diverse selection of restaurants including McCormick & Schmick’s Grill, Tutto Bene Italian Cafe & Gelato Bar, and Zao Noodle Bar in Oregon. Sinju Japanese Restaurant (named the best Japanese restaurant in Portland by Portland Monthly magazine), California Pizza Kitchen, Pastini Pastaria, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Romano’s Macaroni Grill and more.
Events and Promotions this Month:
* Dovelewis 2010 Calendar Sales – Thru December 31
* Fall Garden Display – October 2-31
* Streets of Treats – October 31
* Stroller Strides – Every Saturday at 9am
* New Balance Portland & Race for the Cure – Thru September 28
* Coldwater Creek – Value of the Sweater Knit – Thru September 29
* Goodnight Room – Back to Basics Back in Shape Sale – Thru September 30
* New Balance – Fall Sports Apparel & Shoe Sale – October 1-17
* Blue Tangerine – Event – October 1
* Merrell – Free gift with purchase – Thru October
* Carl Greve – Ippolita Event – October 2-4
* Sur la Table – Free Demonstrations – October 3
* Mario’s 3.10 – Girlfriend Day – October 7
* Crate & Barrel – Fall Upholstery Sale – Thru October 12
* J. Jill – New Collection Discount – Thru October 12
* Patrick James – Fall 2009 Custom Clothing Trunk Show – October 17
* The Container Store – Annual Shelving Sale – Thru October 18
* Yappy Hour – October 21
* Pastini Pastaria – Dessert’s on Us – Thru October 24
* Coldwater Creek – Blue Jeans in Pink – October 1-31
* The Container Store’s Store More Sweepstakes – Thru December 24
* Portland Classic Gallery – New Artist Showcase – Now Showing
* Romano’s Macaroni Grill – New Happy Hour – Daily from 3pm-close
* Emerge Medical Spa – Summer Laser Hair Removal – Sale on now
* Pastini Pastaria – New $6 Lunch Menu – Mondays-Fridays until 3pm
* The J. Jill Compassion Fund – Open Your Closet, Open Your Heart – Ongiong
* Zao Noodle Bar – Kids eat free Tuesdays!
* McCormick & Schmick’s Grill – Daily Happy Hour
* PF Chang’s New Happy Hour – Everyday 3pm – 6pm
Photo Credit: The Bridgeport Village Facebook Page
We are proud to report our very first official event, The Grand Opening Celebration of The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, was a big success! Clients, vendors, representatives from the Phoenix Grand Hotel, executives and others in attendance experienced the brand new hotel for the first time as they mingled through our beautifully decorated lobby and toured the luxurious rooms, business facilities, the indoor pool, hot tub, and more. We hosted the celebration on Thursday September 17 and party guests were treated to delicious hors d’oeuvres from Bentley’s Grill, sushi, beer and wine.
We marked the occasion with a ribbon cutting ceremony and General Manager, Josh Sanders was beaming with pride as he spoke and mingled among the crowd. “The hotel staff has accomplished a great deal these past few months- opening a brand new hotel is a big undertaking; and it was a wonderful experience to finally show off the achievements to the public” says Sanders. We look forward to you staying here and experience this luxurious hotel for yourself!
Here is what the Grand Hotel in Bridgeport Village looks like from the air (click to enlarge):
For reference, Interstate 5 is visible just off the bottom right corner of this picture. At the top of the photo are our neighbors to the North, Whole Foods Market, and to the left is REI and several other of our new neighbors, including Velocity Sports and others.
Also pictured here at the top right corner is the retail center that hosts Starbucks Coffee, Sushi Hana and Jared Galleria of Jewelry. PF Chang’s and the rest of Bridgeport Village Shopping is located just above this picture.
In fact, the shiny blacktop in front of the hotel is Hazelfern Rd. A 5 minute walk on this road leads directly into the heart of Bridgeport Village Shopping. We are the only hotel located in Bridgeport Village and within walking distance of the shopping.