We are proud to announce that The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport has received TripAdvisor’s 2012 Certificate of Excellence, an award that honors hospitality excellence.
TripAdvisor® is one of the top trusted travel sites that features consumer reviews and advice on hotels, resorts, flights, vacation rentals, vacation packages, travel guides, and more.
The accolade is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide.
To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of four or higher, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travelers on TripAdvisor. Additional criteria include the volume of reviews received within the last 12 months. Here is what TripAdvisor says about this award:
“TripAdvisor is proud to congratulate Grand Hotel At Bridgeport on earning the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. Our travelers consistently commend your property with the highest praise, and we recognize your 4 rating as an exceptional achievement. Only the very best in the business are awarded a Certificate of Excellence — display yours proudly in a place where your guests can see it.”
Approximately 10 percent of accommodations listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award and we are extremely proud to be recognized for our sparkling-clean, well-maintained hotel and our excellent service! From all of us at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, Thank You!
As we prepare for the holidays here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, this is the ideal time book your holiday gathering or end of the year meeting.
Whether you are planning a family function for one hundred or a professional business lunch for ten, formal or informal, The Grand Hotel has over 2,150 square-feet of flexible meeting space to accommodate your next meeting or special event.
From our festive, inviting interior to our full-service, professionally trained staff, we are a distinctively different luxury facility ready to host your next event.
Inspired by sustainable, local farms and ingredients, our on-site catering team brings the Northwest’s freshest seasonal offerings to the table. Select items from our extensive menu or work with our staff to create a customized meal that you and your guests are sure to remember.
- The Bridgeport Room offers 1,750 square feet of flexible meeting space, perfect for your next special event. Open the French doors for access to almost 600 additional square feet on our stone patio.
- Available in the afternoon and evening, our Breakfast Room is perfect for casual luncheons, dinners and social events in and around Tigard. The Breakfast Room features 1,650 square feet of meeting space on an as-is basis.
- At 415 square feet, our Executive Board Room is ideal for board meetings, breakout sessions and workshops in the Tigard area. Located past our lobby on the first floor, the Board Room offers natural lighting and plenty of privacy.
To learn more about our meeting space and event space, please contact 503-968-5757 in Tigard or toll free at 866-968-5757 and ask for “Special Events”.
That is why your feed back is so important for us. We read your comments, we listen to your suggestions and ideas.
This post is to say thank you to everyone who takes the time to recommend us on travel sites such as Trip Advisor, Yelp and Hotels.com. We appreciate the great feedback and we also hear your suggestions and critique. This feedback helps to make us an even better hotel.
Hear are just a few samples of some of the nice things many of you took the time to say recently:
- My room was really nice and large. King sized bed. Flat bed screen. Internet worked quickly. Bathroom was large and spotless, I loved the glass shower.
- Front desk staff was outstanding. All the equipment worked in the exercise room. Nice pool. A well stocked and clean continental breakfast. USA Today at the door in the morning.
- When we opened the door to our room, we were equally impressed… a beautiful room with modern and tasteful decor. Recently we have stayed in other hotels (of equal star rating) that were not NEAR the quality, appearance, and cleanliness of the Grand Hotel. Everything was cleaned to absolute perfection!!!
- For the reasonable rate that we paid, we were very pleased with our stay at the Grand Hotel! It’s highly recommended!
- The staff was friendly at check in, the beds were comfortable, and the rooms are large.
- I have stayed at the Grand Hotel three times and each time my stay was consistently pleasant. The rooms are larger than most, very comfortable, and the continental breakfast has more options than I’ve seen elsewhere.
- The service is wonderful. And everything is new, clean and comfortable.
- Great place to stay with family. Very central and walking distance to all of Bridgeport shops, restaurants. Picked this hotel because traveling with two young kids and wanted more space. Family suite great size. Separate bedroom that we put our kids in for naps. Little couch and desk area too. Bathroom big with shower and tub!
- Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was really nice and big. Pool/spa is nice and well kept. Breakfast buffet served my kids well.
- A new hotel that has a very upscale feel to it. Most importantly, it’s clean. Location was also very nice.
- “Great value for an awesome hotel!”
Let us know how you think we are doing!
The Washington County Visitors Association (WCVA) honored 14 of its stakeholders during its annual Stakeholder Appreciation Luncheon and Tourism Awards held earlier this month. Winners of the WCVA’s 2010 Tourism Industry Awards are selected for their support of Washington County’s tourism industry, and for their continued efforts to enhance the tourism experience for visitors. Recipients represent those who have acknowledged the importance of the tourism industry, and have continued to support the industry, as well as the WCVA’s efforts to increase visitation to Washington County.
Awards were presented to a variety of businesses, each representing a key asset or market to the local tourism industry. The following awards are presented to attractions that continuously strive to provide new and exceptional experiences to visitors and guests:
- Best New Asset: Tree to Tree Adventure Park
- Agritourism Stakeholder: Smith Berry Barn
- Retail Stakeholder: Washington Square
- Specialty Retail Stakeholder: Stash Tea
- Arts & Culture Stakeholder: Bag&Baggage Productions
- Nature Stakeholder: L.L. “Stub” Stewart State Park
- Winery & Brewery Stakeholder: Ponzi Vineyards
The following awards are presented to venues, facilities and organizations that have gone the extra mile to bring new business to Washington County, as well as their continued support of the WCVA’s sales efforts:
- Meeting Venue: Jenkins Estate
- Group Tour Lodging Stakeholder: The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport
- Sports Event Venue: Horning’s Hideout
- Sports Event Organizer: Tournament Golf Foundation (LPGA Safeway Classic)
The following awards are presented to properties who have continued to support the WCVA’s efforts by responding to WCVA-generated leads and sales requests:
- Top Responder (Sports Sales Leads): The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport
- Top Closer (Sports Sales Leads): Springhill Suites by Marriott Portland- Hillsboro
- Top Responder (Service Requests): Embassy Suites- Washington Square
Our halls are decked and our stockings are hung! Yes, the weather outside IS indeed frightful….so come inside and unwind in our warm and welcoming lobby. Luxurious hotel amenities which include an indoor pool with spa, fitness room, free WiFi, free covered parking, and a complimentary hot breakfast buffet are sure to please. By the way, it is not too late to take advantage of our “Holiday Specials” and receive a discounted rate! Call 866-968-5757 to learn more.
We have had a “Grand” time decorating our home so it feels more like your home while you are traveling for the holidays. Enjoy these Christmas photos taken by our General Manager, Josh Sanders!
Calling All Angels: Please Help Local Families with the Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree By December 13!
In keeping with the spirit of giving back, we want you to be someone’s angel this Christmas! Our hotel is hosting A Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree to benefit local families – and we need angels! To learn how you can help make someone’s holiday brighter, please come by our lobby or contact us at 866-968-5757. Pick up a tag for a child, shop for them and drop their unwrapped gift off here at the hotel by Monday December 13 (hurry!) Once toys are collected, we will deliver them to The Salvation Army.
Who Do the Angel Trees Help? Families with incomes of no more than 130% of established poverty levels are encouraged to make an application with The Salvation Army for holiday assistance for food and toys. They screen these families with other organizations to do their best to make sure there is no duplication. Last year Salvation Army Angel Giving Tree program served approximately 4,622 families with a total of 8,749 children in the tri-county metro area (Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas).
Each family received food and at least two age appropriate toys per child. When we don’t have enough toy donations, they must purchase toys so that no child goes without. These purchases are made with funds that are needed for other emergency assistance throughout the year. This is why it is so important for The Salvation Army to develop these partnerships that help us to meet these needs and stretch our dollars as far as possible. Your toy donation will make a real difference for a child in need.