How will YOU spend the long Thanksgiving weekend this year? Hosting your relatives and serving leftovers? Enduring flight delays and searching for lost luggage in the airport? Fighting the crowds and standing in line at the mall?
Perhaps you would prefer to spend it relaxing and sipping a vintage Pinot in Oregon Wine Country, recently listed #3 in Top 10 Wine Destinations in the United States on Trip Advisor.
During the weekend of November 23-25, more than 150 wineries throughout the Willamette Valley will open their doors to the public, offering samples of favorite labels and special vintages, tours, food, festivities and more.
Special Wine Tour packages are available here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport that include eight wine tasting vouchers to 4 wineries (listed below), one bottle of local Oregon wine, and late check out. This is the perfect way to make the most of the weekend by touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss.
Our partner vineyards include:
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards
- Elk Cove Vineyards
- Helvetia Vineyards
- Kramer Vineyards
- Montinore Estate
- Oak Knoll Winery
- Plum Hill Vineyards
- Tualatin Estate Vineyards
Visit www.grandhotelbridgeport.com or contact our front desk at 866-968-5757 to learn more and reserve your package today!
Oregon’s acclaimed Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing regions in the world. Willamette Valley Wineries Association is non-profit dedicated to supporting the quality of wines and connecting visitors to the one-of-a-kind wineries, restaurants and accommodations in the region. We represent over 190 wineries and tasting rooms throughout the region – from Portland to Eugene.
Visit www.willamettewines.com for tips, recommended routes, and turn-by-turn directions on your mobile phone with the Willamette Valley Mobile Wine Tour.
Labor Day weekend is just weeks away and another summer is coming to a close. Before you put away that suitcase, there is time to book one last getaway before the summer ends.
Here are some fun local events to check out:
- Final concert of the 2012 Summer Concert Series 6:30-8:30pm in Bridgeport Village Center Court Thursday, August 30 featuring the The Beatniks (free)
- Final concert of the 2012 Tualatin Concerts on the Commons Friday, August 31 6:30-8:30 PM featuring Lino (Classical/ New Age Guitar). Concerts are held on the plaza near the lake at Tualatin Commons. (free)
- 16th annual Art In The Pearl Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in Portland
- This event features hundreds of talented artists and is considered to be one of the top crafts festivals in the country. Northwest Portland Park neighborhoods are filled with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Shopping: Labor Day Sales at Bridgeport Village
Labor Day weekend is also a terrific time to explore Willamette Valley’s Wineries. Many of them host open house events and invite guests to come in for tastings, tours and more. You can also create your own wine tour and drive the Vineyard and Valley Tour Route (please drive responsibly):
- Anam Cara Cellars with the Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers Labor Day Weekend Annual Open House Walk through the vines, taste the grapes from individual blocks along with barrel samples of the wines before blending. We’ll also have current releases and an informal “picnic.” Friendly dogs are very welcome. Tastings just $10 which includes food and great company! Location: Nicholas Vineyard, 22222 SW Nicholas View Drive,97140,Sherwood
- Labor Day Open House at Arborbrook Vineyards 17770 NE Calkins Lane Newberg, OR 97132 Bid adieu to summer at the annual Labor Day Open House Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
- Labor Day Weekend Open House at Archery Summit 18599 NE Archery Summit Road Dayton, OR 97114 Come out for a wonderful afternoon of Pinot Noir tasting tours and more. Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
Kick it up a notch and reserve one of our packages that combine our luxurious guest rooms and suites with some of the best that the Bridgeport, Tigard and Tualatin areas have to offer. We currently offer the following packages. Visit grandhotelbridgeport.com for details:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Wine Tour Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Up, Up, and Away!
Lights, Camera, Action
It is a fact that Oregon is home to some of the best golf courses in the country. Why is golf so popular in Oregon? Maybe it is our temperate climate, or natural beauty and wide-open spaces.
Many of our guests enjoy a good game of golf at our local courses, so we have partnered with Langdon Farms Golf Club to give you some of the best deals possible!
Langdon Farms Golf Club is ranked among the top courses in the state of Oregon and is a local favorite in our region. The course was rated four out of five stars by Golf Digest’s Best Places To Play for 2010 and ranks as the “#1 Course In Oregon To Host Tournaments and Corporate Events” course in Oregon. To learn more visit them at www.langdonfarms.com.
Call the front desk at 866-968-5757 to schedule your tee time today! Click here to book this package online.
It might feel chilly outside now, but Spring is officially here and the Willamette Valley is an ideal destination to enjoy natural beauty, entertainment, food, family friendly events, and of course- Willamette Valley wine! To make your visit even more enjoyable, we have several packages at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport to add value to your trip:
March Madness Special – Stay 2 Nights and get the 3rd Night FREE!
For the weekends in March stay Friday and Saturday night at the regular rate ($129 or $139) and get Sunday night FREE. The offer is valid for our Classic King or Classic Double Queen rooms. Please call the front desk at 503-968-5757 and ask for the “March Madness” special to reserve this offer.
It’s Tee Time Golf Package
Love Golf? We have forged dynamic partnerships with local golf courses so that when you come to play golf, you will receive some of the best deals possible!
Wine Tour Package
When you book our Wine Tour Package, you will spend Friday and Saturday touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss. You will also receive (8) wine tasting vouchers to the 4 wineries of your choice and (1) bottle of local Oregon wine. Our partner vineyards include: Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Elk Cove Vineyards, Helvetia Vineyards, Kramer Vineyards, Montinore Estate, Oak Knoll Winery, Plum Hill Vineyards and Tualatin Estate Vineyards.
Up, Up, and Away!
What could be more breath-taking than a hot air balloon adventure! Between April and October, weather permitting, you will be able to enjoy a beautiful scenic flight with Pacific Peaks Balloons. This package includes: Hot Air Balloon Adventure (this includes transportation to and from launch site), Gourmet Breakfast at a local restaurant, Jacuzzi Suite, late checkout.
Here are some tips and upcoming events to make the most of your Willamette Valley springtime getaway:
Upcoming Events at Bridgeport Village
- Strolling Easter Bunny: Visit the Easter Bunny on Saturday, April 7 from 12-2pm in Center Court. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Easter Seals Oregon BloomFest: April 5-7 and 12-14 Easter Seals Oregon will be selling Tulip bundles for $5 from 11am to 5pm in Center Court.
- VaVa Bloom: Seek inspiration for your garden and get top tips from local experts at our weekly Saturday seminars in April. Check out installations from local nurseries and garden centers throughout Bridgeport Village.
North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend
Explore Oregon’s wine country March 31-April 1, 2012 with the North Willamette Vintners (NWV). Journey to 24 local wineries and experience a weekend full of wine, culinary samples, education and fun! northwillamettevintners.org
Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route
When traveling through wine country, experience the natural beauty of the area by taking the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route. This beautiful 50 mile stretch of road is home to many of the local wineries as well as farms and spectacular mountain views.
Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival March 30-April 30 (Woodburn)
This family friendly event features 40+ acres of spectacular tulips and daffodils along with food, entertainment, and more. www.woodenshoe.com/tulip-fest
Tualatin River Bird Festival – May 18-20th
This annual event takes place at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. This three-day event features hands on activities and experiences for kids and adults. tualatinriverbirdfestival.org
Need more ideas? visitwashingtoncountyoregon.com will help you plan a great vacation!
The North Willamette Vintners (NWV) invites you to spend a weekend exploring Oregon’s wine country March 31-April 1, 2012! Journey to 24 neighboring wineries located just minutes from Portland and experience a weekend full of wine, culinary samples, education and fun!
The North Willamette Vintners (NWV) represents the wineries located in, or immediately adjacent to, Washington County, Oregon. Together this diverse group of wineries shapes the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
Guests are treated to complimentary wine tastings, pairings, entertainment and activities at EACH participating winery. Taste a new release, reserve label or a barrel tastings while enjoying specially paired samples. Then, participate in a variety of activities at each location. In addition, Wine Trail guests receive a variety of discounts and offers from restaurants, hotels and other wine tour partners.
After reserving a ticket for the weekend, guests are treated to the following benefits at EACH participating winery:
- Complementary tastings! New releases, reserve labels, barrel tastings and much more
- Pairings! Paired samples from a variety of culinary collections carefully selected to enhance each wine.
- Activities! Tours, one-of-a-kind demonstrations and hands-on activities
To purchase your tickets, visit shop.northwillamettevintners.org and choose from a Wine Trail Full Weekend Ticket or Wine Trail Sunday Only Ticket.
Make it a weekend getaway by booking The Grand Hotel Bridgeport Wine Tour Package Where wining is encouraged. Spend Friday and Saturday touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss.
Hard core shoppers know there are holiday bargains to be found on Black Friday. For many, it is a holiday tradition to wake up before dawn the day after Thanksgiving and advantage of the great deals retailers offer. Lets not forget one of the perks about visiting Oregon during this time is tax free holiday shopping!
To make shoppers a bit more comfortable, we are offering a special Black Friday Package for $99 that includes an early, on-the-go breakfast. Why wake up early, skip breakfast, and travel to get to your shopping destination?
Here is a guide for travelers to find some popular local spots for holiday shopping! Enjoy!
7455 SW Bridgeport Rd.
Tigard, OR 97224
• Easy-access location just off Interstate 5 on the border of Tualatin and Tigard
• European-style, outdoor shopping area with nearly 500,000 sq. ft. of retail, restaurant and theater space
• Blend of upscale national and local retailers, 10 restaurants, multiplex movie theater with IMAX
Washington Square Mall
9585 SW Washington Square Rd.
Tigard, OR 97223
• Traditional major mall located in Tigard along Hwy. 217 near its junction with Interstate 5
• Built in 1974, expanded and renovated in 2005 to become one of the largest retail centers in the Portland metropolitan area
• Four anchor department stores including Oregon’s largest Nordstrom, 170 distinctive retailers including the West Coast’s only Dick’s Sporting Goods, five restaurants and 11-eatery Food Court
Woodburn Company Stores
The largest outlet center in Oregon with big-name brands and outlet savings at more than 95 stores, including: adidas, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Columbia Sportswear, J.Crew, Polo Ralph Lauren, Nike Factory Store, The North Face, Under Armour and more!
Minutes from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport and Located just 25 minutes south of Portland, off I-5 at Woodburn Exit 271.
Please call the Front Desk directly at 866-968-5757 and ask for the “Black Friday Special” to take advantage of this offer.
The Zip, Sip and Stay package in Washington Country Oregon was selected as one of Frommer’s “Last-Minute Labor Day Deals” this week! Frommer’s is one of the most trusted name in travel with over fifty years of providing authoritative travel information and high quality recommendations- so this is an exciting honor for all of us!
To learn more about and to follow up on Frommer’s recommendation, visit our Adventure Passport Page where we feature the Zip, Sip, & Stay package. You can also call our Front Desk for info and to make a reservation at 866-968-5757.
Zip, Sip, & Stay is your passport to Washington County Oregon’s extreme adventure, vibrant flavors, and peaceful rest.
Passport for 2 Adults $245.00 and Includes
- Deluxe Suite for (2)
- Tree to Tree Adventure Admission
- Wine Tasting + $29 Wine Voucher
- Gourmet Lunches
- Specials at Local Restaurants
The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport is thrilled to partner with the Tualatin Riverkeepers to provide the perfect package for outdoor lovers: Tualatin Riverkeeper’s Paddling Excursion. This special package will take guests on a peaceful trip along the Tualatin River . This adventure is perfect for a friends or family adventure or even a romantic getaway!
The serenity of this river makes it ideal for new and first time paddlers. On the trip along the Tualatin River you will be able to witness wildlife and the natural beauty of this region.
Tualatin Riverkeepers (TRK) is a nonprofit organization working to protect and restore Oregon’s Tualatin River System. Volunteers provide nature education, habitat restoration, paddle trips and advocacy. Learn more about this organization in this video:
The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Tualatin Riverkeeper’s Paddling Excursion package starts at $144.00 plus tax and includes:
- (1) boat rental (canoes, single or double kayaks);
- Shuttle service to and from Cooke Park (Boat Rentals open weekend days, 10am – 7pm);
- Classic accommodations
- Late Check out;
- Complimentary breakfast buffet;
- And cap off your day in our Indoor pool and spa
CLICK HERE TO BOOK THIS PACKAGE or call the Front Desk at 866-968-5757 to reserve your package now.
Please allow 3-5 days lead time when booking this package. Package based on availability. Additional boats may be booked at an additional cost of $45.00 per boat.
Spring is in full bloom in the Willamette Valley. Birds, flowers, music, food and drink converge to create truly unique and enjoyable experiences for people of all ages.
For wine lovers, enter to win our Oregon Wine Tour package, and experience the best the Willamette Valley has to offer:
* free night’s stay in one of our beautiful jacuzzi rooms, plus a late checkout!
* $50 certificate for dinner at Agave Grill
* complimentary buffet breakfast
* vouchers for four premier wineries in the area
When traveling through wine country, experience the natural beauty of the area by taking the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route. This beautiful 50 mile stretch of road is home to many of the areas wineries as well as local farms and spectacular mountain views.
Looking for family fun? The Woodburn Tulip Festival is has extended its season until May 8th, and offers some of the most spectacular varieties of Tulips anywhere! In addition to the breathtaking flowers, visitors can also take part in a variety of fun activities:
* pony rides
* steam tractors
* Tulip Cafe
* kids play area
For bird lovers, the Tualatin River Bird Festival, formerly the Migratory Songbird Festival, runs from May 12- 15th at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. This is a newly expanded three-day event with lots of great hands on activities and experiences for kids and adults:
* family canoe paddles
* guided birding walks
* live music
* Native American presentations
We are pleased to offer a discounted rate to those who mention Tualatin River Bird Festival when booking a reservation. As always, our friendly staff is waiting to assist in finding the right activity for you!
Calling all Oregon Wine Lovers! To celebrate Spring, we are giving away the ultimate Willamette Valley Wine experience to one lucky winner!
Enter to win a Wine Tour Package at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport! One lucky winner will receive:
- One night accommodations in a luxuriously appointed *Jacuzzi Suite at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport
- $50.00 Gift Certificate to Agave Grill at Bridgeport Village
- 4 Wine Tasting vouchers to some of Willamette Valley’s finest vineyards and wineries. **See our list of Partner Vineyards
- Complimentary Chef Prepared Breakfast Buffet
- Late checkout of 1pm
How to Enter:
1) You can enter via Facebook
2) You can enter via Twitter (For every Twitter follower that enters through your link you get an extra entry!)
3) If you are not on either of these networks,not to worry! Click this link to enter
Only persons residing in California, Oregon and Washington who are at least 21 years of age can enter. You must agree to our official rules and regulations when you enter. *Suites are subject to availability at the time of the reservation.
**The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Partner Vineyards: Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Elk Cove Vineyards, Helvetia Vineyards, Kramer Vineyards, Montinore Estate, Oak Knoll Winery, Plum Hill Vineyards, Tualatin Estate Vineyards