Front Desk Associate
Part time and full time positions available working 16 to 40 hours per week.
Job Title – Front Desk Associate
We’re looking for cheerful people to join our team at the Front Desk of The Grand Hotel. Qualified applicants will enjoy working with people, take pride in their jobs and have a flexible schedule. The successful applicant will be available and willing to work most weekends, evenings and holidays. Previous employment at a hotel isn’t necessary, but having customer service experience is.
A Front Desk Associate at the Grand Hotel is expected to assist our guests efficiently, courteously and professionally in all front office related functions. Front Desk Associates maintain a high standard of service and hospitality at all times, sell the benefits of the hotel to prospective guests and utilize all resources to sell guest rooms.
Some of the Duties include:
- To effectively work the front desk and property management system, taking reservations, checking guest in/out of the hotel and handling all guests requests.
- Responsible for all front desk procedures and policies.
- Be actively involved in the sales & marketing efforts.
- Effectively handle accounting & cash handling duties.
- Attend, and participate in all required meetings.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the changing room rates, room locations and types of rooms.
- Act as concierge when needed.
- Drive Hotel Shuttle.
- Always keep in mind the safety and security of the hotel’s guests, their belongings, as well as coworkers.
- Maintain proper key control.
- Inventory front desk supplies, replenishing as necessary, documenting what needs to be ordered.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers in all departments.
- Work as a team with all staff.
- At least 18 years old.
- High School Graduate.
- Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Prior computer experience necessary.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, and a good driving record.
- Demonstrate excellent guest service skills.
- Flexible work week.
- Possess basic office skills and phone etiquette.
- Prior Customer Service/Hospitality experience preferred.
Benefits for full time employees include: 401K, Bonus Incentive Program, Medical/Dental.
If you are ready to join a team providing superior guest service on a “Grand” scale, please download our Application for Employment and return in person to the hotel between the hours of 8am and 5pm Mon – Fri.