Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing regions in the world. This is why we have partnered with some of our finest local wineries to bring the ultimate Oregon wine tasting experience to our guests.
In this post, we shine the spotlight one of our Wine Tour Package partner vineyards, Cooper Mountain Vineyards located in Beaverton, Oregon.
Nestled on the western slopes of an extinct volcano, Cooper Mountain Vineyards operates by a simple philosophy: wine is memory of land.
The vineyard was founded in 1978 by Dr. Robert Gross and his wife, Corrine when they planted their first Pinot and Chardonnay vines. Today Cooper Mountain Vineyards farms 123 acres scattered throughout the Northern Willamette Valley and offers certified organic and biodynamic Pinot noir, Pinot gris, and Chardonnay wines.
Their tasting room, located at 20121 SW Leonardo Ln. in Beaverton, is open from noon to 5pm daily. For more information, you can contact them by calling (503) 649-0027 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to like them on Facebook for updates and to see more photos like these:
When you reserve a Wine Tour Package at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, not only will you tour some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries, you will enjoy a relaxing evening in one of our luxurious guest rooms or suites only steps away from the shopping and dining amenities at Bridgeport Village.
Our Wine Tour Package includes complimentary tastings to the winery of your choice, one bottle of local Oregon wine, Gourmet Moonstruck Chocolates and a late check out of 1pm (so sleep in!).
Our partner vineyards include: Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Oak Knoll Winery, Ponzi Vineyards, A Blooming Hill Vineyard and Ardiri Winery and Vineyards. Packages are self-guided however we also work with Grape Escape, a local Wine Tour operator who provides transportation and guidance for an additional charge. Please contact them for the details. Click here to book our Wine Tour Package or call the Front Desk at 866-968-5757.
Some of the other hotel packages offered at the Grand Hotel Bridgeport include:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Washington Square Shopping Package
Dinner and a Movie
Have you let this summer pass by without planning a little R & R for yourself? Don’t worry, summer is technically not over until September 21st so there is plenty of time to plan a much needed getaway to Oregon’s Washington Country/Portland area.
Need some help planning your trip? Our front desk staff will be happy to give you recommendations on fun attractions and events! You should can check the following resources for additional ideas:
Here are some local summer festivals coming up that are worth checking out.
- Bridgeport Village Summer Concert Series- Each Thursday evening through August 29th
- Washington County Fair, July 25-28: The annual Washington County Fair returns to the Washington County Fair Complex in Hillsboro with a weekend of carnival rides, live music and entertainment, food and more. Admission is free; individual events may have admission fees.
- 2013 Oregon International Air Show, July 26-28: The Oregon International Air Show is one of the premier aviation events in the Pacific Northwest, and features some of the best in aviation from all over the United States and Canada. The Entertainment Center, KidZone and Military Village offer exciting displays and fun for kids and adults alike. Local vendors will be on hand selling everything from souvenirs to tasty food. Tickets start at $20 ($25 after July 19); discounts for seniors, military and kids, ages 6-12.
- Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival, August 9-10: The fifth annual Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival returns to Washington County to showcase Oregon’s culinary culture with dozens of world-class wineries, restaurants and numerous culinary artisans.
- Summer Fest & Garlic Out West, August 9-11: Experience two evenings and three days of good music, food, entertainment, and fun at the 2013 Summer Fest & Garlic Out West. This event offers a 10k Run with Oregon Road Runners, a vintage Car Show, old fashioned parade down Main Street and a Pancake Breakfast. Kids can enjoy a full-size playground, exciting inflatables play area and rock wall. Free admission.
- Tualatin Crawfish Festival, August 9-10: Celebrate good eating–and the city of Tualatin’s 100th birthday–at the Tualatin Crawfish Festival, the nation’s oldest crawfish festival, west of the Mississippi. This is a two-day, fun-filled family event with a variety of food, entertainment, contests, activities for all ages and more.
- Annual Banks Bar-B-Que and Truck & Tractor Pull, August 17-19: This popular community event must be seen to be believed, and features a combine destruction derby, parade, car show, truck tug-of-war, garden tractors and more. General admission is free. Grandstand admission starts at $10 for adults, $5 for kids, ages 6-16.
- Oregon Renaissance Festival, Weekends, Saturday, Aug. 24 – Sunday, Sept. 29: Transport yourself to a 16th century European village at the inaugural Oregon Renaissance Festival, in town for 13 days of merriment. Enjoy talented artists, non-stop stage entertainers, food, crafts, pageantry and encounter beautiful maidens, wandering minstrels, joking jesters and jugglers. Magicians, acrobats, comedians, swordfighters, pirates and fairies will entertain and delight. Be sure to meet the “washing well wenches” and daily performance of an armored jousting. Feast on renaissance-inspired food and drink, including: savory turkey legs, steak on a stake, bangers & mash and chocolate-covered cheesecake.
For a complete list of summer events, including one-day annual events and special events, please visit our Events & Festivals Calendar.
As we prepare for the holidays here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, this is the ideal time book your holiday gathering or end of the year meeting.
Whether you are planning a family function for one hundred or a professional business lunch for ten, formal or informal, The Grand Hotel has over 2,150 square-feet of flexible meeting space to accommodate your next meeting or special event.
From our festive, inviting interior to our full-service, professionally trained staff, we are a distinctively different luxury facility ready to host your next event.
Inspired by sustainable, local farms and ingredients, our on-site catering team brings the Northwest’s freshest seasonal offerings to the table. Select items from our extensive menu or work with our staff to create a customized meal that you and your guests are sure to remember.
- The Bridgeport Room offers 1,750 square feet of flexible meeting space, perfect for your next special event. Open the French doors for access to almost 600 additional square feet on our stone patio.
- Available in the afternoon and evening, our Breakfast Room is perfect for casual luncheons, dinners and social events in and around Tigard. The Breakfast Room features 1,650 square feet of meeting space on an as-is basis.
- At 415 square feet, our Executive Board Room is ideal for board meetings, breakout sessions and workshops in the Tigard area. Located past our lobby on the first floor, the Board Room offers natural lighting and plenty of privacy.
To learn more about our meeting space and event space, please contact 503-968-5757 in Tigard or toll free at 866-968-5757 and ask for “Special Events”.
Saturday January 30, 6:00 PM
2010 Texas hold’em Poker tournament and casino night
The Tualatin Packbackers:
2010 Texas Hold em poker tournament and casino night! Hosted by The Packbackers on Saturday January 30,2010, 6:00 PM at Tualatin Country club. (country club attire) Many levels of fun and sponsorship to benefit Tualatin High sports.
Buffet dinner and blackjack/craps for social guest, please see www.packbackers.org for more information. Professional dealers to help you make you a winner of the more than $4,000 in prizes. Join the fun,sign up now.
We chose to build our hotel in Tigard, Oregon not only for the fantastic amenities offered at Bridgeport Village, but also to serve the wide assortment of business centers that are located minutes from the hotel. Tigard Oregon, located just 10 miles southwest of Portland Oregon, is a thriving community with wonderful shopping, dining, arts and business opportunities. As a community, Tigard strives to blend the amenities of a modern city with the friendliness and community spirit of a small town.
Today, there is over 4.5 million square feet of commercial and industrial space in Tigard at business parks such as Lincoln Center, Oregon Business Park, Forum Properties Business Centers, Tigard Industrial Center, Commerce Plaza, Sequoia Parkway and Plaza West and more.
The Bridgeport Grand Hotel is minutes away from any of these Tigard business centers and we think we are an ideal place for business travelers visiting this area to stay. Stay with us and get your business done during the day and enjoy over 15 different restaurants, dozens of stores even an IMAX theatre just steps away.
Photo Credit: www.tripzs.com/blogs/travel-news.html