The Grand Hotel in Bridgeport boasts over 2,150 square-feet of flexible meeting space in a convenient location (right off of I-5) with close proximity to Portland, Oregon and other local attractions.
Once you walk inside and see our inviting interior and interact with our professionally trained staff, you will understand why so many planners choose to host their events and meetings with us.
Consider the following when you look for the best place to hosting your event:
Exceptional Services and Amenities- Business, meeting and leisure travelers are frequently impressed with the level of service and amenities our hotel offers such as a pristine indoor pool and fitness center, spacious and warm hotel lobby ideal for meeting and socializing, free covered parking, free wifi, and a free breakfast buffet. FYI: there is a reason we received TripAdvisor’s 2012 Certificate of Excellence this year!
Ideal IT Classroom space and equipment- LCD projectors, screens, 55 inch flat panel display, wireless microphones and House Sound, DVD/VCR Players, Flip Charts and Whiteboards, and Speakerphones. Check with our special events coordinator for more details.
Banquets & Catering Services- Our catering service is provided by Bentley’s Grill who uses local ingredients to bring the Northwest’s freshest seasonal offerings to the table. Our staff will work with you to create a customized meal that you and your guests are sure to remember.
We are a “Green Hotel”- Our company engages in sustainable practices in everyday operations. A few of our green operational practices include: Use recycled paper for printed material, earth friendly cleaning solutions, installation of earth friendly drainage system, Energy Star appliances used throughout the hotel, sleeping room towel and linen program, recycling in all guest rooms as well as public areas, and use of compact fluorescent light bulb throughout the hotel.
To learn more about our meeting space and event space, please contact 503-968-5757 in Tigard or toll free at 866-968-5757 and ask for “Special Events”.
It is a little known secret that The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport is one of the best options for Group Meetings and events in our area. Our hotel is ideal for wedding parties, family functions, church, garden tour, wine tour, professional, convention and government groups. Whatever your needs are, we have over 2,150 square-feet of flexible meeting space to accommodate your event.
Here are 7 reasons why you should consider hosting your next event with us:
1. Exceptional Services and Amenities
Business, meeting and leisure travelers are frequently impressed with the level of service and amenities our hotel offers:
- A luxurious indoor pool and Fitness center,
- Our spacious and warm hotel lobby- ideal for meeting and socializing,
- Free Covered Parking,
- Free Wifi,
- Free Breakfast Buffet.
2. Location Location Location
We are located across the street from the Bridgeport Village Shopping Center, the Pacific Northwest’s preeminent fashion and lifestyle shopping center. Endless shopping, dining and entertainment options are available for our guests.
We are also less than 30 minutes away from The Portland International Airport (PDX) and a 20 minutes or less to many of Portland, Oregon’s top attractions. We are located right off of I-5 and easy to find. See our map for exact location.
3. Our full-service, professionally trained staff:
We take a great deal of pride in our outstanding level of customer service. At every turn, you’ll find uniformly friendly and professional service from our staff at every level. From the front desk to catering to cleaning and hotel maintenance to management – we are here to serve you!
4. Our Unique and Sustainable Approach to Banquets & Catering Services
Inspired by sustainable, local farms and ingredients, our on-site catering team brings the Northwest’s freshest seasonal offerings to the table. Select items from our extensive menu or work with our staff to create a customized meal that you and your guests are sure to remember.
4. Guests Will Be Impressed and Comfortable with their Accommodations
The warm, inviting interior will let your guests know they are staying at a distinctively different luxury facility. Each of our over-sized rooms and suites comes standard with leather furniture in the living room area, a working desk and ergonomic office chair, complimentary high-speed Internet access (either hard-wired or wifi), refrigerator, microwave, coffee station complete with organic NW coffee and local teas and a double-sized bathroom complete with a separate shower and tub.
5. Our New Technology Equipment and Outstanding Staff to Assist with all Needs
The Grand Hotel can provide:
• LCD Projectors
• Plasma Television
• Wireless Microphones and House Sound
• DVD/VCR Players
• Flip Charts and Whiteboards
6. Flexible and Impressive Meeting Spaces:
Here is a description of the meeting rooms we have available- click on the link to each room for additional information:
The Bridgeport Room offers 1,750 square feet of flexible meeting space, perfect for your next special event. In the summer months, open the French doors for access to almost 600 additional square feet on our stone patio.
Available in the afternoon and evening, our Breakfast Room is perfect for casual luncheons, dinners and social events. The Breakfast Room features 1,650 square feet of meeting space on an as-is basis.
At 415 square feet, our Executive Board Room is ideal for board meetings, breakout sessions and workshops. Located past our lobby on the first floor, the Board Room offers natural lighting and plenty of privacy.
7. We are a “Green Hotel”
Our company engages in sustainable practices in everyday operations, and strives to do business with other companies who share dedication to “green” business practices. A few of our green operational practices include:
- Use 100% recycled paper for all printed material
- Utilize Earth friendly cleaning solutions
- Installation of earth friendly drainage systems
- Energy Star appliances used throughout the hotel
- Sleeping room towel and linen program
- Recycling in all guest rooms as well as public areas
- Use of compact fluorescent light bulb throughout the hotel
Please contact our Special Events Coordinator for more information. Call us at 503-968-5757 or toll free at 866-968-5757 and ask for “Special Events”….
Don’t Miss the 2010 Tigard Festival of Balloons: June 25, 26, 27
If you are staying with us weekend of June 25-27, you are in for a special treat! Make sure you save some time to check out the Tigard Festival of Balloons in Cook Park happening all weekend. There will be hot air balloons and so much more.
Plan to arrive VERY EARLY in the a.m. to Cook Park to experience the spectacular hot air balloons as they launch. Balloons launch from the field on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. Ascensions are between 5:45 AM – 6:15 AM. After that, a few balloons will be tethering until approximately 8:00 AM each day (weather and winds permitting).
Other events include: Pacific NW BBQ Association Cook-Off, Festival of Cars (Sunday); Northwest Natural Night Glow on Friday & Saturday nights; the Rogue Beer Garden, live music on the Comcast Stage; Funtastic carnival fun center, magicians, cotton candy, and a whole lot more! Be sure to visit their site to see full details.
Did you know that the Festival of Balloons is a non-profit organization raising funds for many non-profit groups in Tigard while providing a premier family event for the entire community? You can buy a 3 day-weekend pass at the gate for $7 OR you can purchase in advance a 3 day-weekend pass for $5 online at www.tigardballoon.org. This ticket is good for unlimited access to the Festival for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Kids 6 and under are free. Festival parking is available on the Tigard High School field for $5 .
Driving directions to Cook Park from The Grand Hotel in Bridgeport (via Google Maps)
2.2 mi – about 7 mins
1. Head north on SW Hazelfern Rd 102 ft
2. Turn right to stay on SW Hazelfern Rd 167 ft
3. Turn left at Lower Boones Ferry Rd 0.1 mi
4. Continue onto SW 72nd Ave 0.2 mi
5. Turn left at SW Durham Rd 1.3 mi
6. Turn left at SW 92nd Ave 0.5 mi
I was thrilled to discover MeetingsNet.com earlier this month, a wonderful resource for Meeting and Event professionals to network and find the latest industry news and information. If you have not had an opportunity to explore their site, I highly recommend doing so.
I appreciate their articles for planners that provide sound advice and tips on locating and managing the most ideal venues for their event. The first step is for planners to identify their objectives. Here are is a list of excellent questions to ask directly from an article written by Wesley Harrington and Hugh K. Lee: Setting Objectives Before You Select a Site
There are 10 main things to consider when setting meeting goals:
1. What is the purpose of the meeting? Can we create a clear written statement of why this event is to be conducted? Does it agree with the top priorities of our organization?
2. Can we establish quantifiable goals for this event and clear thresholds of achievement by which we can determine its success? Make the objective specific, measurable, attainable and realistic, relevant, and time-based.
3. Whom are we trying to attract? Identify all stakeholders in the meeting (attendees, organization leaders, facilities professionals, etc.), and set priorities. Which group’s needs come first?
4. What do I want attendees to remember most about the event? Can we summarize the experiences our attendees should have?
5. What can prior history teach us about this meeting? Is there information that would be useful to us in determining the potential for success – or failure – of this meeting?
6. Who else has conducted the same type of meeting, and what can we learn from their experiences? Talking with meeting planning peers can be a big help in setting effective and realistic goals.
7. Do we have the resources necessary to achieve our goals? Can we successfully conduct the event with the staff we have, or do we need to consider outsourcing part or all of it? How much can we rely on volunteers, and how will we go about recruiting them?
8. Have we sought input and commitment from our staff? Have we asked previous attendees for their comments and suggestions?
9. How will we reach our intended audience? What type of marketing and promotion will we do to spread the word about the event?
10. How will we monitor and determine the success of this effort? Develop measurement tools that address the pre-meeting process, all on-site meeting elements, and the various post-meeting outcomes.
Print Arts Northwest Holiday Show & Sale
November 19, 2009 – January 15, 2010
Times: Monday through Saturday, 10:00am to 4:30pm except major holidays
Location: Washington County Museum – 17677 NW Springville Rd., Portland (Rock Creek Campus – Portland Community College)
Print Arts Northwest (PAN) presents its annual group show of works from over 100 Northwestern artists. The show/sale at the Washington County Museum features small works both framed and unframed and is a great place to purchase inexpensive, original artwork for those on your holiday shopping list. An opening reception will be November 19 from 6-8pm to coincide with the Museum opening of its new exhibit, “Oregon is Indian Country”.
The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is pleased the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce has chosen our hotel to host their highly anticipated Business Showcase! The event will be held here on Thursday November 5 from 2-5pm.
The Business Showcase is a wonderful opportunity for local businesses to gather and connect with potential customers. Chamber members will have booths displaying their products and services. Retail sales will be allowed at the event so that businesses with products can sell them right there.
There will be door prizes and great giveaways. Admission to the public is FREE! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to have your business seen. This event is not to be missed!
Schedule of Events: 2:00-Doors Open; 3:00-Host Sponsor Introduction, Raffle Prizes & Speaker Kevin O’Malley “How to Increase Sales by Using Social Networking; 4:00-Additional Sponsor Introductions & Raffle Prizes; 5:00-Wrap Up & Grand Raffle Prize Drawing!