Fall is just around the corner, and the local festivals and fun is just getting started! Here is a local round up of some of the many events happening Labor Day through the end of September! Let us help you plan your trip! Please feel free to contact us and inquire about one of our many hotel packages and specials.
Late Summer/Early Fall Events in Portland
Art in the Pearl – Labor Day weekend
Beginning August 31 through September 2, 2013 more than 130 artists will gather in the North Park Blocks, with food vendors, musicians and family activities rounding out the offerings. Considered one of the nation’s premier art festivals, Art In The Pearl features the jury-selected work of artists from across the USA and Canada.
Musicfest NW – September 3-8, 2013
Now in it’s thirteenth year, MusicfestNW will showcase local musicians, bring in national acts and benefit children’s music education in Portland.
Feast Portland – September 19-22, 2013
Portland’s own world-class celebration of food, drink and everything else that makes Portland awesome. At the heart of the festival is a mission to end childhood hunger in Oregon and in our country. This international culinary festival taps into the wealth of renowned Portland chefs — and welcomes noted culinary stars from around the world — to make the most of Oregon’s bounty.
Coming up at Bridgeport Village
Very Engaging Bridal Event Sept. 29 from 11am-4pm. Presented by Portland Bride & Groom magazine and Bridgeport Village.
More than 100 retailers and wedding professionals for all your wedding needs…Shop, sip, and savor your way through Bridgeport Village as you connect with over 100 retailers and wedding professionals.
Late Summer/Early Fall Events in Oregon’s Washington County
Just minutes from downtown Portland, Oregon’s Washington County offers events ranging from wine tasting and farmers’ markets to live music and community festivals. Enjoy unique festivals every season in Washington County, guaranteed to offer seasonality, community and entertainment. The autumn months give way to a host of agricultural harvest, wine and food festivals.
Oregon Renaissance Festival Open Weekends & Labor Day August 24 – September 29, 2013 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
The village of Hillsboro recreates a 16th century European village for 13 days of merriment weekends beginning in August through September. Enjoy talented artists, non-stop amazing stage entertainers, food, crafts, pageantry and more. History comes alive with this renaissance of the Renaissance!
First Wednesday Wed, September 4, 2013 in Forest Grove, OR
First Wednesday on Main Street in Forest Grove offers fun, community events, vendors, and activities to enjoy. Shop the Farmers’ Market, view the works of artists, taste wines and be entertained with live music. It’s great way to celebrate Forest Grove!
Apple Harvest Festival September 28, 2013 Tigard, OR
The Apple Harvest Festival comes alive at The John Tigard House Museum with live music, quilt evaluations, a display of historic farm tools and, of course, traditional apple cider. The band, Fadedblue, will be performing and Amelia Endorf, a quilt evaluator, will be on hand answering quilt questions. If you have a favorite historical quilt, bring it along and she will tell you when it was stitched, with what materials, what occasion and even how many people worked on it.
Whole Farm Dinner at Alloro Vineyard Sat, September 7, 2013 Sherwood, OR
Award-winning Chef Jason Barwikowski, Executive Chef of the Woodsman Tavern, will prepare a feast with over 90% of the ingredients sourced from the Alloro Vineyard. This intimate candlelit dinner will be centered around Spring Lamb and glorious summer vegetables and fruits, paired with estate wines. The dinner is $125/person and seating is limited to 30 people. Contact the winery to sign up for this delicious event.
Labor Day weekend is just weeks away and another summer is coming to a close. Before you put away that suitcase, there is time to book one last getaway before the summer ends.
Here are some fun local events to check out:
- Final concert of the 2012 Summer Concert Series 6:30-8:30pm in Bridgeport Village Center Court Thursday, August 30 featuring the The Beatniks (free)
- Final concert of the 2012 Tualatin Concerts on the Commons Friday, August 31 6:30-8:30 PM featuring Lino (Classical/ New Age Guitar). Concerts are held on the plaza near the lake at Tualatin Commons. (free)
- 16th annual Art In The Pearl Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in Portland
- This event features hundreds of talented artists and is considered to be one of the top crafts festivals in the country. Northwest Portland Park neighborhoods are filled with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Shopping: Labor Day Sales at Bridgeport Village
Labor Day weekend is also a terrific time to explore Willamette Valley’s Wineries. Many of them host open house events and invite guests to come in for tastings, tours and more. You can also create your own wine tour and drive the Vineyard and Valley Tour Route (please drive responsibly):
- Anam Cara Cellars with the Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers Labor Day Weekend Annual Open House Walk through the vines, taste the grapes from individual blocks along with barrel samples of the wines before blending. We’ll also have current releases and an informal “picnic.” Friendly dogs are very welcome. Tastings just $10 which includes food and great company! Location: Nicholas Vineyard, 22222 SW Nicholas View Drive,97140,Sherwood
- Labor Day Open House at Arborbrook Vineyards 17770 NE Calkins Lane Newberg, OR 97132 Bid adieu to summer at the annual Labor Day Open House Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
- Labor Day Weekend Open House at Archery Summit 18599 NE Archery Summit Road Dayton, OR 97114 Come out for a wonderful afternoon of Pinot Noir tasting tours and more. Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
Kick it up a notch and reserve one of our packages that combine our luxurious guest rooms and suites with some of the best that the Bridgeport, Tigard and Tualatin areas have to offer. We currently offer the following packages. Visit grandhotelbridgeport.com for details:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Wine Tour Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Up, Up, and Away!
Lights, Camera, Action
The Zip, Sip and Stay package in Washington Country Oregon was selected as one of Frommer’s “Last-Minute Labor Day Deals” this week! Frommer’s is one of the most trusted name in travel with over fifty years of providing authoritative travel information and high quality recommendations- so this is an exciting honor for all of us!
To learn more about and to follow up on Frommer’s recommendation, visit our Adventure Passport Page where we feature the Zip, Sip, & Stay package. You can also call our Front Desk for info and to make a reservation at 866-968-5757.
Zip, Sip, & Stay is your passport to Washington County Oregon’s extreme adventure, vibrant flavors, and peaceful rest.
Passport for 2 Adults $245.00 and Includes
- Deluxe Suite for (2)
- Tree to Tree Adventure Admission
- Wine Tasting + $29 Wine Voucher
- Gourmet Lunches
- Specials at Local Restaurants