Labor Day weekend is just weeks away and another summer is coming to a close. Before you put away that suitcase, there is time to book one last getaway before the summer ends.
Here are some fun local events to check out:
- Final concert of the 2012 Summer Concert Series 6:30-8:30pm in Bridgeport Village Center Court Thursday, August 30 featuring the The Beatniks (free)
- Final concert of the 2012 Tualatin Concerts on the Commons Friday, August 31 6:30-8:30 PM featuring Lino (Classical/ New Age Guitar). Concerts are held on the plaza near the lake at Tualatin Commons. (free)
- 16th annual Art In The Pearl Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in Portland
- This event features hundreds of talented artists and is considered to be one of the top crafts festivals in the country. Northwest Portland Park neighborhoods are filled with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Shopping: Labor Day Sales at Bridgeport Village
Labor Day weekend is also a terrific time to explore Willamette Valley’s Wineries. Many of them host open house events and invite guests to come in for tastings, tours and more. You can also create your own wine tour and drive the Vineyard and Valley Tour Route (please drive responsibly):
- Anam Cara Cellars with the Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers Labor Day Weekend Annual Open House Walk through the vines, taste the grapes from individual blocks along with barrel samples of the wines before blending. We’ll also have current releases and an informal “picnic.” Friendly dogs are very welcome. Tastings just $10 which includes food and great company! Location: Nicholas Vineyard, 22222 SW Nicholas View Drive,97140,Sherwood
- Labor Day Open House at Arborbrook Vineyards 17770 NE Calkins Lane Newberg, OR 97132 Bid adieu to summer at the annual Labor Day Open House Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
- Labor Day Weekend Open House at Archery Summit 18599 NE Archery Summit Road Dayton, OR 97114 Come out for a wonderful afternoon of Pinot Noir tasting tours and more. Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
Kick it up a notch and reserve one of our packages that combine our luxurious guest rooms and suites with some of the best that the Bridgeport, Tigard and Tualatin areas have to offer. We currently offer the following packages. Visit grandhotelbridgeport.com for details:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Wine Tour Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Up, Up, and Away!
Lights, Camera, Action
The Zip, Sip and Stay package in Washington Country Oregon was selected as one of Frommer’s “Last-Minute Labor Day Deals” this week! Frommer’s is one of the most trusted name in travel with over fifty years of providing authoritative travel information and high quality recommendations- so this is an exciting honor for all of us!
To learn more about and to follow up on Frommer’s recommendation, visit our Adventure Passport Page where we feature the Zip, Sip, & Stay package. You can also call our Front Desk for info and to make a reservation at 866-968-5757.
Zip, Sip, & Stay is your passport to Washington County Oregon’s extreme adventure, vibrant flavors, and peaceful rest.
Passport for 2 Adults $245.00 and Includes
- Deluxe Suite for (2)
- Tree to Tree Adventure Admission
- Wine Tasting + $29 Wine Voucher
- Gourmet Lunches
- Specials at Local Restaurants