How does a weekend exploring Oregon wine country while enjoying complimentary wine tastings, pairings, entertainment, and activities sound to you? Pretty nice, huh?
Members of the North Willamette Vintners (NVW) invite you to spend the weekend of April 12th–13th doing just that! From experienced wine lovers to novice wine tasters, the North Willamette Wine Trail has something for everyone.
The North Willamette Vintners represents independent wineries crafting fine wines in the northern boundary of Willamette Valley’s wine region.
You will find NVW wineries and vineyards easily accessible for either a weekend trip or a day excursion. Most of the wineries are located just outside Portland, in the nearby communities of Beaverton, Cornelius, Forest Grove, Gaston, Helvetia, Hillsboro and Tigard.
Need a place to stay? We can help with that! Make it a completely blissful weekend by booking The Grand Hotel Bridgeport Wine Tour Package. Please call us toll-free at 866-968-5757 for rates and availability.
Don’t Miss the North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend
April 12–13, 2014 11:00am–4:00pm
$45 full-weekend, $30 Sunday only, $10 DD weekend
Discover each individual winery through tours, one-of-a-kind demonstrations, and hand-on activities. Guests will also enjoy handcrafted foods, gifts and other products by local artisans at our wineries for this special weekend.
To purchase your tickets, visit shop.northwillamettevintners.org
Photos by Kristi Reed
Willamette Valley Wineries invites you to the 23rd annual Memorial Weekend event, May 25-27, 2013.
For the past 23 years, Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms throughout the region kick off the summer by opening their doors inviting the public to spend Memorial Day weekend in Oregon Wine country. Visitors can expect to partake in extraordinary tastings of the region’s acclaimed Pinot noir, Pinot gris and other exciting wines, vineyard tours, food, special events and entertainment.
Here’s your chance to explore wine country in a fun and casual setting or spend the weekend getting to know the smaller or newer producers that are only open on Memorial Day & Thanksgiving weekends.
Now is the time to plan your visit by completing the following actions:
- Request a copy of the printed Guide to Memorial Weekend in the Wine Country, which includes all winery activities and a touring map. Simply email email@example.com to request your guide (distributed in early May). Please include your mailing address.
- Plot your course with these wine tasting routes.
- Get ready to sip with these wine tasting tips.
- Sign up for a special Memorial Weekend Wine Essentials Class to start your wine tasting experience on the right foot.
- Use the Mobile Wine Tour to navigate to your destinations, offering turn-by-turn directions to our wineries right on your smart phone.
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.
For more information and to plan your weekend visit Willamette Valley Wineries Association.
Need a place to stay? The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is proud to offer wine lovers luxurious accommodations, free parking, free WiFi(helpful as you are planning your afternoon of wine tasting!), and a free chef prepared breakfast the following morning! What more do you need? Book a Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Wine Package and you will see what we mean!
Participants will get a rare behind the scenes glimpse into all that goes into making your favorite wines. A full-day (10am – 6pm) harvest tour on October 6 includes:
- Guided bus tour (10am-4pm) to three wineries for tastings, nibbles and harvest activities at each
- See harvest unfold in the vineayrd, crush pad and winery with the professionals
- Lunch along your journey
- A Grand Tasting (4pm – 6pm) featuring appetizers and tastings from all NWV members (over 25 wineries!)
- Special offers on wine purchases
- Buses depart from Garden Vineyards at 10am and return for the Grand Tasting at 4pm – 6pm. This event is rain or shine, please dress accordingly.
Can’t commit to the full day? No problem. A limited number of Grand Tasting-only tickets are available. The Grand Tasting takes place at Garden Vineyards, 4-6pm. Tickets include tastings from all NWV wineries, pairings, commemorative wine glass and specials on wine. For more info email info@NWVintners.org or call 503.941.0609.
2012 North Willamette Harvest Trail and Grand Tasting
October 06, 2012 10:00am–4:00pm
Buses depart from Garden Vineyards for the tours and return for the Grand Tasting. Tour routes TBD based on status of harvest.
$79 full day tour and Grand Tasting / $35 Grand Tasting only
The North Willamette Vintners is a collection of wineries, vineyards, and wine tourism partners that shape the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country. Brought together by a deep passion for crafting the finest wines from the most fertile environment, our members are a diverse and dedicated group.