There is no better place to celebrate the beginning of summer than in Oregon’s wine country. We are fortunate to be near the heart of Willamette Valley, one of Oregon’s leading wine regions and home to more than 300 wineries.
The valley extends hundreds of miles along the Willamette River from the Portland area to south of Eugene. It is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing areas in the world.
Relax and unwind by booking one of the wine tour packages at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport! Many of the Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms, including our wine tour package partners,
will open their doors to the public for special tastings, food, entertainment, tours and more during the Memorial Day Weekend: May 23-25, 2014.
This annual event features tastings of new releases, barrel samples, food pairings, live music and other activities. Tasting fees vary from $5-20, and each year, several wineries donate a portion of proceeds to a designated, local charity. Be sure to check with each winery for individual schedules. See a list of wineries in Oregon’s Washington County.
Make your reservations now! Please call us toll-free at: 866-968-5757
Here are some valuable resources via Willamette Valley Wineries to help you make the most of your wine country getaway. Some of these tools include
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.
It might feel chilly outside now, but Spring is officially here and the Willamette Valley is an ideal destination to enjoy natural beauty, entertainment, food, family friendly events, and of course- Willamette Valley wine! To make your visit even more enjoyable, we have several packages at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport to add value to your trip:
March Madness Special – Stay 2 Nights and get the 3rd Night FREE!
For the weekends in March stay Friday and Saturday night at the regular rate ($129 or $139) and get Sunday night FREE. The offer is valid for our Classic King or Classic Double Queen rooms. Please call the front desk at 503-968-5757 and ask for the “March Madness” special to reserve this offer.
It’s Tee Time Golf Package
Love Golf? We have forged dynamic partnerships with local golf courses so that when you come to play golf, you will receive some of the best deals possible!
Wine Tour Package
When you book our Wine Tour Package, you will spend Friday and Saturday touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss. You will also receive (8) wine tasting vouchers to the 4 wineries of your choice and (1) bottle of local Oregon wine. Our partner vineyards include: Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Elk Cove Vineyards, Helvetia Vineyards, Kramer Vineyards, Montinore Estate, Oak Knoll Winery, Plum Hill Vineyards and Tualatin Estate Vineyards.
Up, Up, and Away!
What could be more breath-taking than a hot air balloon adventure! Between April and October, weather permitting, you will be able to enjoy a beautiful scenic flight with Pacific Peaks Balloons. This package includes: Hot Air Balloon Adventure (this includes transportation to and from launch site), Gourmet Breakfast at a local restaurant, Jacuzzi Suite, late checkout.
Here are some tips and upcoming events to make the most of your Willamette Valley springtime getaway:
Upcoming Events at Bridgeport Village
- Strolling Easter Bunny: Visit the Easter Bunny on Saturday, April 7 from 12-2pm in Center Court. Don’t forget to bring your camera!
- Easter Seals Oregon BloomFest: April 5-7 and 12-14 Easter Seals Oregon will be selling Tulip bundles for $5 from 11am to 5pm in Center Court.
- VaVa Bloom: Seek inspiration for your garden and get top tips from local experts at our weekly Saturday seminars in April. Check out installations from local nurseries and garden centers throughout Bridgeport Village.
North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend
Explore Oregon’s wine country March 31-April 1, 2012 with the North Willamette Vintners (NWV). Journey to 24 local wineries and experience a weekend full of wine, culinary samples, education and fun! northwillamettevintners.org
Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route
When traveling through wine country, experience the natural beauty of the area by taking the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route. This beautiful 50 mile stretch of road is home to many of the local wineries as well as farms and spectacular mountain views.
Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival March 30-April 30 (Woodburn)
This family friendly event features 40+ acres of spectacular tulips and daffodils along with food, entertainment, and more. www.woodenshoe.com/tulip-fest
Tualatin River Bird Festival – May 18-20th
This annual event takes place at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. This three-day event features hands on activities and experiences for kids and adults. tualatinriverbirdfestival.org
Need more ideas? visitwashingtoncountyoregon.com will help you plan a great vacation!
Spend Thanksgiving in Oregon Wine Country! Willamette Valley kicks off the winter wine tasting and the holiday season during the 29th Annual Wine Country Thanksgiving Event November 25-27, 2011. More than 150 wineries and tasting rooms in the Willamette Valley will open their doors for special tastings and holiday festivities. For more information about participating wineries, visit willamettewines.com
To receive a mailer that includes a list of activities at each winery and a touring map, email info-at-willamettewines.com. Please include your mailing address when sending an email request.
Celebrate on your getaway with wine tasting and festivities by reserving your “Wining Encouraged” Wine Tour Package here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport. Touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss. Our partner vineyards include:
Cooper Mountain Vineyards
Elk Cove Vineyards
Oak Knoll Winery
Plum Hill Vineyards
Tualatin Estate Vineyards
This package starts at $169.00, plus tax and includes: (8) wine tasting vouchers to the 4 wineries of your choice (1) bottle of local Oregon wine
To make the most of your Oregon wine tasting experience, follow these great Wine Tasting Tips compliments of Willamette Valley Wineries Association!
- Plan your route ahead. Visit wineries that are in close proximity to limit driving. Call ahead to confirm hours.
- Get a designated driver! For a carefree day of tasting…it’s the prudent thing to do. Take advantage of local tour services that are fun and affordable.
- Avoid wearing any perfume, cologne or heavily scented lotions. It will interfere with your tasting experience as well as the experience of those around you.
- Spit…like the professionals. Or use dump buckets that are often placed on tasting room bars. It’s the cool thing to do. You will be able to taste more fantastic wines.
- Ask a lot of questions. This is your opportunity to educate your palate and learn more about the wine making process. Tasting Room staff are friendly and love to share their knowledge with guests.
- Explore a new wine tasting region. Likely you’ll experience less congestion and you’ll have a great time tasting new wines! Check out our wine tasting routes for some ideas.
- Likewise, try a new type of wine or “varietal” during your wine tasting. You must taste the Valley’s signature Pinot Noirs, but don’t be afraid to try something new. You may like it!
- Visit small wineries and larger wineries to enjoy a variety of wine tasting experiences. Chat with winemakers in an intimate setting, taste from the barrel or enjoy some live music and specialty food pairings.
- Don’t miss out on special discounts and offers at wineries during tasting events. And, if you discover a winery you really love, consider joining their wine club. You’ll likely receive discounts, exclusive deals, access to special releases and free tastings.
Spring is in full bloom in the Willamette Valley. Birds, flowers, music, food and drink converge to create truly unique and enjoyable experiences for people of all ages.
For wine lovers, enter to win our Oregon Wine Tour package, and experience the best the Willamette Valley has to offer:
* free night’s stay in one of our beautiful jacuzzi rooms, plus a late checkout!
* $50 certificate for dinner at Agave Grill
* complimentary buffet breakfast
* vouchers for four premier wineries in the area
When traveling through wine country, experience the natural beauty of the area by taking the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route. This beautiful 50 mile stretch of road is home to many of the areas wineries as well as local farms and spectacular mountain views.
Looking for family fun? The Woodburn Tulip Festival is has extended its season until May 8th, and offers some of the most spectacular varieties of Tulips anywhere! In addition to the breathtaking flowers, visitors can also take part in a variety of fun activities:
* pony rides
* steam tractors
* Tulip Cafe
* kids play area
For bird lovers, the Tualatin River Bird Festival, formerly the Migratory Songbird Festival, runs from May 12- 15th at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. This is a newly expanded three-day event with lots of great hands on activities and experiences for kids and adults:
* family canoe paddles
* guided birding walks
* live music
* Native American presentations
We are pleased to offer a discounted rate to those who mention Tualatin River Bird Festival when booking a reservation. As always, our friendly staff is waiting to assist in finding the right activity for you!