Summer comes alive with the sound of music! Everywhere you go, there are music festivals for music lovers of all tastes. Here are a few to add to your list of events to enjoy this summer:
2013 Summer Concert Series Bridgeport Village every Thursday July 11th-August 29th 7-9pm. Whether your thing is Disco, 80′s, Beatles or what not, there is something for everyone at this free concert series in the center court of Bridgeport Village. The best part? You can walk there from our hotel!
- Oregon Zoo Summer Concerts – June-August. Every summer, fans of folk, rock, world music and more stake out spots on the zoo’s amphitheater lawn, and enjoy performances from some of the hottest, most diverse acts performing today.
- Chamber Music Northwest – June-July. Pre-concert picnics are a standing tradition among the enthusiastic followers of this annual chamber music series. Since it was launched in 1971, the festival has grown into one of the most successful chamber music events in the nation.
- Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival – July 4th-7th. The largest blues festival west of the Mississippi River takes place each year during Independence Day week. Portland’s Gov. Tom McCall Waterfront Park sets the stage with top national acts performing over ﬁve days. Large fireworks display on July 4.
- Mississippi Ave Street Fair – July 13th. A family-friendly block party offering more than two dozen live acts on four stages, a parade, a craft marketplace and local beer and foods.
- Cathedral Park Jazz Festival – July 18th-21rst. Founded in 1981, this three-day event is the now the West’s largest and oldest free celebration of jazz and blues. Held beneath the historic St. Johns Bridge, the scenery is almost enough to steal the show.
- Noon Tunes – July-August. For the 22nd year in a row, Pioneer Courthouse Square will host the ever popular Noon Tunes Concert Series that will entertain crowds of thousands each Tuesday and Thursday from Noon-1:00pm. The Noon Tunes Concert Series showcases some of the best in regional and local musical talent.
- Pickathon Roots Music Festival – August. For more than 10 years, the Pickathon Indie-Roots Music Festival has celebrated the music of Americana. Held at the historic Pendarvis Farm 20 minutes southeast of Portland, this three-day sustainable festival features alt-country, folk, bluegrass, rockabilly, jug bands and more on five stages. And attendees are encouraged to bring their own instruments to play in a variety of workshops and jam sessions.
- Musicfest NW – September. This annual festival was established in 2001 to showcase local musicians, bring in national acts and benefit children’s music education in Portland. Downtown becomes a massive block party as wrist-banded attendees check out more than 100 bands at nearly 20 venues over the course of four days.
- 12th annual Northwest String Summit July 18- July 21. The 12th annual Northwest String Summit returns to Horning’s Hideout in North Plains. Don’t miss out on this great four-day show of live bluegrass and Americana music.
- Summer Fest & Garlic Out West August 9 -August 11. North Plains, OR Experience two evenings and three days of good music, food, entertainment, and fun.
Bridgeport Village is a shopping, dining and entertainment paradise (and it just happens to be steps away from our hotel!). The center has put together a number of events that are perfect for the whole family all summer long that include outdoor concerts, a free family film festival, and Camp Bridgeport! The center has a safe and welcoming atmosphere with a fun playground for children of all ages to enjoy. Be sure to visit their www.Bridgeport-Village.com for the most current list of events and promotions!
Join Radio Disney AM1640 and Bridgeport Village for dancing, games and awesome prizes! Located in Center Court.
Wednesdays July 7 through August 25, from 10:30am to 12:30pm.
Free Family Film Festival
Your little ones will love a morning out at the movies every every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday through August 25 from 10 – 11:30am at Regal Cinemas. Parents will love the price: FREE! See the Schedule for a list of movies.
Summer Concert Series
July 8 through August 26 from 6:30 to 8:30pm. Youth Performers from the Tualatin-Tigard School District will perform from 5:30 -6pm before every concert.
July 8 The Beatniks
Ian Stephens, James Fogerty and Derek Harris (Tigard High) – Guitar Jazz
July 15 Hit Explosion
B’Elanna Rhodehamel (Hazelbrook) and Parker Ediger (Twality)- Marimba
July 22 Cool-Ade
Euphony Brothers: Justin Lacey and Cole Sashkin (Tualatin High) – Singer/Guitar
July 29 GruVbox
Shaelynn Dalton (Tigard High) – Singer/Guitar
August 5 Keegan Smith and the Fam
Noah Hocker (Tigard High) – Jazz
August 12 Zuzo Blue
Rebecca McDale (Tualatin High) – Vocalist
August 19 The Retros
PDX Jazz: Kyle Monitor, Tristan Weitkamp (Tigard High) and Andrwe Olson and Hanna Dexter (Tualatin HIgh) – Jazz
August 26 Surprise Guest
Kudu Kids Marimba: (Deer Creek Alumni) – Marimba