When it comes to planning a wedding, location and timing are two of the most important factors. Fortunately for couples planning their nuptials in Oregon, there is no shortage of picturesque locations that will make your wedding day as special as you always dreamed it would be. Whether you are searching for rustic beauty or an elegant setting, there is something for all tastes and budgets.
In the cities of Tigard and Tualatin, you will find everything from world class wineries to historic homes and elegant ballrooms right in our back yard. Here are just a few examples of stunning wedding venues in close proximity to our hotel. Source: www.
Lee Farms in Tualatin, OR
Lee Farms offers several different spaces to entertain and host events. A bakery onsite can provide food for meetings and several food packages are available to groups. Weddings of up to 100 can be held inside a barn on the property and weddings of almost any size can be held outside on the grounds.
Patricia D. Whiting Hall in Metzger Park in Tigard, OR
Metzger Park is a seven-acre, fully-accessible park set in a forest environment conveniently located only two minutes from Washington Square. Metzger Park Hall can accommodate weddings, receptions, parties and much more. Facilities include a 1,200-square-foot room with sliding glass doors to a patio (accommodates 100-150 people), a 600-square-foot room with sliding glass doors to the park (accommodates 50-75 people), a large kitchen complete with stove, refrigerator, sink, microwave and 100-cup coffee maker, two fully-accessible restrooms, twenty six-foot rectangular folding tables and 125 folding chairs.
The Ballroom Dance Company in Tigard, OR
The Ballroom Dance Company offers 3 elegant full-size ballrooms to choose from, plus a full-service kitchen for weddings and private parties. Features: Outside Catering Allowed, AV Equipment Available
Tigard Grange No 148 in Tigard, OR
Tigard Grange No. 148 is a historical site offering space for events such as parties, receptions, weddings, dinners and shows. It has a stage, a dance floor a dining hall and a kitchen.
Tualatin Heritage Center in Tualatin, OR
The Tualatin Heritage Center is managed by the Tualatin Historical Society in partnership with the City of Tualatin and is available for rent. What was once the city’s oldest church is now a family learning center to interpret the area’s rich and colorful history, celebrate its diverse cultures, share its creative endeavors and teach about the natural environment of the Tualatin area. It’s perfect for weddings, receptions, and meetings.
Here are some additional resources to help you plan the perfect wedding in Oregon’s Washington County:
- Visit the Washington County Visitor’s Association list of local venues. The WCVA’s Wedding Wonderland Page contains great suggestions for vineyards and other unique and special locations well suited for for your big day!
- Consider Hosting Rehearsal Dinners, Showers and Parties at Bridgeport Village. We love Bridgeport Village because it is elegant, unique, service oriented and convenient to our guests. The center also provides a variety of popular restaurants to suite any taste and budget. You may also want to consider booking one of their specialty salons and spas to pamper your bridal party on the big day!
- Consider the Service Options Available at The Grand Hotel in Bridgeport. There are numerous reasons we are a great choice to host your important event. Wedding guests love our amenities (Free WiFi, Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, Workout room, and hot breakfast buffet to name a few). Our committed staff will provide the outstanding service you deserve to make your day perfect. We also offer special group rates when you reserve a block of rooms.
- Utilize Local Wedding Planners and Search for Vendors Recommended by the WCVA and Local Merchants. Visit the WCVA Wedding Venue and Services Finder to locate the perfect venue and find caterers, photographers and more.
Have you let this summer pass by without planning a little R & R for yourself? Don’t worry, summer is technically not over until September 21st so there is plenty of time to plan a much needed getaway to Oregon’s Washington Country/Portland area.
Need some help planning your trip? Our front desk staff will be happy to give you recommendations on fun attractions and events! You should can check the following resources for additional ideas:
Here are some local summer festivals coming up that are worth checking out.
- Bridgeport Village Summer Concert Series- Each Thursday evening through August 29th
- Washington County Fair, July 25-28: The annual Washington County Fair returns to the Washington County Fair Complex in Hillsboro with a weekend of carnival rides, live music and entertainment, food and more. Admission is free; individual events may have admission fees.
- 2013 Oregon International Air Show, July 26-28: The Oregon International Air Show is one of the premier aviation events in the Pacific Northwest, and features some of the best in aviation from all over the United States and Canada. The Entertainment Center, KidZone and Military Village offer exciting displays and fun for kids and adults alike. Local vendors will be on hand selling everything from souvenirs to tasty food. Tickets start at $20 ($25 after July 19); discounts for seniors, military and kids, ages 6-12.
- Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival, August 9-10: The fifth annual Best of Oregon Food & Wine Festival returns to Washington County to showcase Oregon’s culinary culture with dozens of world-class wineries, restaurants and numerous culinary artisans.
- Summer Fest & Garlic Out West, August 9-11: Experience two evenings and three days of good music, food, entertainment, and fun at the 2013 Summer Fest & Garlic Out West. This event offers a 10k Run with Oregon Road Runners, a vintage Car Show, old fashioned parade down Main Street and a Pancake Breakfast. Kids can enjoy a full-size playground, exciting inflatables play area and rock wall. Free admission.
- Tualatin Crawfish Festival, August 9-10: Celebrate good eating–and the city of Tualatin’s 100th birthday–at the Tualatin Crawfish Festival, the nation’s oldest crawfish festival, west of the Mississippi. This is a two-day, fun-filled family event with a variety of food, entertainment, contests, activities for all ages and more.
- Annual Banks Bar-B-Que and Truck & Tractor Pull, August 17-19: This popular community event must be seen to be believed, and features a combine destruction derby, parade, car show, truck tug-of-war, garden tractors and more. General admission is free. Grandstand admission starts at $10 for adults, $5 for kids, ages 6-16.
- Oregon Renaissance Festival, Weekends, Saturday, Aug. 24 – Sunday, Sept. 29: Transport yourself to a 16th century European village at the inaugural Oregon Renaissance Festival, in town for 13 days of merriment. Enjoy talented artists, non-stop stage entertainers, food, crafts, pageantry and encounter beautiful maidens, wandering minstrels, joking jesters and jugglers. Magicians, acrobats, comedians, swordfighters, pirates and fairies will entertain and delight. Be sure to meet the “washing well wenches” and daily performance of an armored jousting. Feast on renaissance-inspired food and drink, including: savory turkey legs, steak on a stake, bangers & mash and chocolate-covered cheesecake.
For a complete list of summer events, including one-day annual events and special events, please visit our Events & Festivals Calendar.
With warm weather just around the corner, getting outside and exploring the area is a must! Here are a few outdoor activities around the Grand Hotel Bridgeport to participate in during the beautiful June weather:
Get on the river! The Tualatin River is a beautiful river and a great way to explore what
the area has to offer. Check out Tualatin River Discovery Day on 6/18/2011 offered by Tualatin Riverkeepers. This is a 2.3 mile paddle from Cook Park to Brown’s Ferry Park. There are a few spots left so checkout their website for more info.
Lift your spirits! The 4th annual Festival of Balloons in Tigard from 6/24-6/26. Hot air ballons. Beer garden sponsored by Rogue Brewery. Carnival. Car festival. What more could you ask for?
In addition to Cook Park, there are two beautiful parks to explore a short distance from the hotel . Tryon Creek Park is a 670 acre forest featuring over 14 miles of trails and a Nature Center. On 6/18 the Nature Center will offer a guided nature walk to explore the park and all it has to offer. Or, hike around Hagg Lake – in addition to the 15 miles of hiking trails, Hagg Lake has boating, fishing and bird watching.
Call today for a reservation at the Grand Hotel and get in on the fun!
Monday January 11, 7:30 AM
Public Breakfast Forum on Measures 66 & 67, the Grand Hotel Bridgeport, 7:30 am
Tualatin Chamber: Tualatin Chamber
The Tualatin Chamber will present a Public Forum on Measures 66 & 67. Join us as Senator Larry George, R, 13th Distict and Check Sheketoff, Oregon Center for Public Policy present their views on this very important legislation.
Registration: Friday, January 8th, 2010
Yes, Black Friday is coming November 27……the day the official holiday shopping season begins- and the day that retailers everywhere offer shoppers tremendous savings on gifts. Smart shoppers everywhere will find amazing deals and festive events throughout the day at Bridgeport Village.
Bridgeport Village is one of the premier shopping destinations in the Pacific Northwest and a shoppers heaven. The center offers an exclusive mix of local, regional and national shops unlike any other shopping experience in Oregon. To sweeten the deal, The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is offering special holiday packages for travelers and shoppers staying with us that weekend. Stay at Portland’s newest luxury hotel! The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport is just steps from Bridgeport Village. Book the Grand Shopping Package and you”ll receive a $25 Bridgeport Village gift card and gift with your stay. To find out about hotel specials- call 866-968-5757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are coming by- be sure to check out some of these special events happening this Friday!
The Bridgeport Express begins Friday, November 27 – Wednesday, December 23 11am-2pm and 3pm-6pm. A new addition to the holiday season, The Bridgeport Express will provide fun filled train rides around the village. This 35 passenger, solar operated train will take you to your destination. Frequent stops include: Sur La Table, Coach, Urban Outfitters, Borders Book & Music and in between Coldwater Creek & Talbots. This “green” solar train is trackless and accommodates children and adults. Rides are free!
Light Up The Night – Friday, November 27, 6pm – 7:30pm The holiday season begins with a festive celebration. Santa will be making his grand entrance on the Bridgeport Express and will set foot into his Renaissance Home. Be there as we light the Bridgeport Village Christmas Tree in center court. Afterwards visit Santa to get your holiday photo. Plus enjoy musical entertainment by Radio Disney!
Santa Photos November 27 – December 24 Monday – Saturday: 10:00am-8:00pm Sundays: 11:00am-6:00pm. Visit Santa in his Renaissance Home in center court! Children visiting Santa will be receiving a peppermint stick along with a coloring book.
Photo Credit: http://www.shoppingcenterbusiness.com/articles/JUL07/story1.shtml
The Grand Hotel Bridgeport is pleased the Tualatin Chamber of Commerce has chosen our hotel to host their highly anticipated Business Showcase! The event will be held here on Thursday November 5 from 2-5pm.
The Business Showcase is a wonderful opportunity for local businesses to gather and connect with potential customers. Chamber members will have booths displaying their products and services. Retail sales will be allowed at the event so that businesses with products can sell them right there.
There will be door prizes and great giveaways. Admission to the public is FREE! You won’t want to miss this opportunity to have your business seen. This event is not to be missed!
Schedule of Events: 2:00-Doors Open; 3:00-Host Sponsor Introduction, Raffle Prizes & Speaker Kevin O’Malley “How to Increase Sales by Using Social Networking; 4:00-Additional Sponsor Introductions & Raffle Prizes; 5:00-Wrap Up & Grand Raffle Prize Drawing!
If your travels bring your family to The Grand Hotel Bridgeport this weekend, make sure you pack your Halloween costumes! Bridgeport Village is hosting Streets of Treats, a family friendly event held at the center on Halloween from 4-pm. Stop by the center on October 31 for a ghostly good time. Trick-or-Treat throughout the Village and enjoy music and entertainment from Radio Disney.
Where: 7455 SW Bridgeport Rd in Tigard
When: Saturday, October 31 – 4-7pm
What: Kids can get the outdoor trick-or-treat experience by walking around the Bridgeport Village shopping area. Music and entertainment from Radio Disney will add to the fun.
Sponsored by Radio Disney and USA Pears.