Spring is officially here and the travel season has officially begun! Everywhere you look there are festivals, wine tastings, performances, farmers’ markets and more!
There are numerous reasons to stay at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport, whether it is for business, visiting family and friends, a wedding, a reunion, or just to get away. No matter the reason for being here, we encourage our guests to get out and enjoy what our local community and nearby towns have to offer!
We are of course just minutes from downtown Portland where you will always find a special event or festival, or you can explore some of these local gems (no pun intended!):
- Gem Faire (April 12-14). The renowned marketplace for gemstones, beads, jewelry and more at the Washington County Fair Complex.
- 9th annual Storytelling Festival (April 13-20) featuring professional storytellers, workshops and more! Check site for locations; admission is free.
- North Willamette Wine Trail Weekend (April 13-14) This annual event celebrates the best of Oregon Wine Country and features wine tastings, pairings, and entertainment, tours, hands-on activities, gifts and other locally crafted artisan products.
- Annual Lu’au at Pacific University (April 13) features an authentic Lu’au meal and traditional Polynesian dance, music and entertainment.
- Broadway Rose Theatre Company presents Always…Patsy Cline (April 18 – May 19). Based on a true story, ‘Always…Patsy Cline’ tells the true story of the country music legend’s unlikely friendship with fan Louise Seger and features many of Cline’s timeless hits.
- Favorite 5 Country Farms Spring Tour (April 19-21) Self-guided tour of farms in Sherwood, Tualatin and Wilsonville featuring friendly animals, good food, home & garden decor, art & crafts, antiques and more.
- Every Husband’s Nightmare Bazaar (April 23-27) features more than 100 vendors selling handcrafted gifts, collectibles and antiques, gourmet foods, and garden, floral and seasonal decor.
- Earth Day weekend (April 20-21) Various Earth Day activities and events are scheduled throughout the area.
- “Ed Asner as FDR” (April 21) Ed Asner stars in this one-man show as Franklin Delano Roosevelt for one night only at Pacific University in Forest Grove.
- Faire in the Grove (May 4-5) The whole family with enjoy the merriment at this medieval featuring food, performances, dance, music, storytelling, merchants, and more.
- Tualatin River Bird Festival (May 18) A celebration of wildlife featuring outdoor fun and activities, entertaiment, guided bird walks and more at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge.
Check out the Visit Washington County Visitors Association Events & Festivals Calendar for a complete list of upcoming events. You can also visit the spring performing arts calendar and spring cultural arts calendar for more listings.
Spring is in full bloom in the Willamette Valley. Birds, flowers, music, food and drink converge to create truly unique and enjoyable experiences for people of all ages.
For wine lovers, enter to win our Oregon Wine Tour package, and experience the best the Willamette Valley has to offer:
* free night’s stay in one of our beautiful jacuzzi rooms, plus a late checkout!
* $50 certificate for dinner at Agave Grill
* complimentary buffet breakfast
* vouchers for four premier wineries in the area
When traveling through wine country, experience the natural beauty of the area by taking the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route. This beautiful 50 mile stretch of road is home to many of the areas wineries as well as local farms and spectacular mountain views.
Looking for family fun? The Woodburn Tulip Festival is has extended its season until May 8th, and offers some of the most spectacular varieties of Tulips anywhere! In addition to the breathtaking flowers, visitors can also take part in a variety of fun activities:
* pony rides
* steam tractors
* Tulip Cafe
* kids play area
For bird lovers, the Tualatin River Bird Festival, formerly the Migratory Songbird Festival, runs from May 12- 15th at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. This is a newly expanded three-day event with lots of great hands on activities and experiences for kids and adults:
* family canoe paddles
* guided birding walks
* live music
* Native American presentations
We are pleased to offer a discounted rate to those who mention Tualatin River Bird Festival when booking a reservation. As always, our friendly staff is waiting to assist in finding the right activity for you!