There is no better place to celebrate the beginning of summer than in Oregon’s wine country. We are fortunate to be near the heart of Willamette Valley, one of Oregon’s leading wine regions and home to more than 300 wineries.
The valley extends hundreds of miles along the Willamette River from the Portland area to south of Eugene. It is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing areas in the world.
Relax and unwind by booking one of the wine tour packages at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport! Many of the Willamette Valley wineries and tasting rooms, including our wine tour package partners,
will open their doors to the public for special tastings, food, entertainment, tours and more during the Memorial Day Weekend: May 23-25, 2014.
This annual event features tastings of new releases, barrel samples, food pairings, live music and other activities. Tasting fees vary from $5-20, and each year, several wineries donate a portion of proceeds to a designated, local charity. Be sure to check with each winery for individual schedules. See a list of wineries in Oregon’s Washington County.
Make your reservations now! Please call us toll-free at: 866-968-5757
Here are some valuable resources via Willamette Valley Wineries to help you make the most of your wine country getaway. Some of these tools include
Here are some tips from The North Willamette Vintners to get the most of your holiday weekend:
- Drive less, taste more. Avoid the long drive and congested roadways by visiting the wineries located in Portland’s backyard, shaping the northern gateway to Oregon’s wine country.
- Discover new wineries. Experience a new label or visit a boutique winery not typically open for tastings.
- Taste exceptional wines. Be among the first to enjoy new releases, barrel samples and paired flights.
- Learn from the pros. Meet the winemakers and learn about the style, characteristics and unique attributes of their wine.
- Experience wine country. Participate in a traditional tribal salmon bake, watch a live landscape painting, stroll along a garden walk, tour the vineyards, relax to live music and soak in the spectacular vineyard views while enjoying a picnic lunch.
Without fail, every New Year’s Eve reminds us of the same thing: sparkling wine is a glorious thing. Each sip delivers a savory effervescence skirting the boundaries of sweet and tart. It’s a fizzing ritual we adore; it’s joy and celebration in a flute glass.
Whether called cava, proseco or “bubbly”, sparkling wine enlivens brunches among friends and enchants evenings for lovers. We see no reason why the bubbly should be kept hidden away until the final gasps of the year!
Since its inception in the 1960s, Oregon’s wine industry has captured accolades from around the world. Oregon wine country has earned a reputation as a go-to destination for oenophiles and casual tasters alike. We are especially proud of the region’s sparkling wines. Oregon’s crisp Willamette Valley climate is ideally situated for the production of the Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Meunier varietals that become fine sparkling wine.
Grand Hotel Bridgeport guests are encouraged to explore the many unique winaries throughout Willamette Valley. Sparkling wine site tours are a popular option among our visitors. There is no shortage in touring companies who are familiar with the hidden gems and famous standouts of the region.
Here are a few resources to get you started:
- Guide to Willamette Valley Wineries
- Oregon Wine Country Day Trip on Travel Portland
- Wine Travel Destination 2013: Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Oregon Sparkling Wine Tour
- The Willamette Valley Appellation, its sub appellations and its Wineries
Special Wine Tour packages are available here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport that include eight wine tasting vouchers to 4 wineries (listed below), one bottle of local Oregon wine, and late check out. This is the perfect way to make the most of the weekend by touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss.
Our partner vineyards include:
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards
- Elk Cove Vineyards
- Helvetia Vineyards
- Kramer Vineyards
- Montinore Estate
- Oak Knoll Winery
- Plum Hill Vineyards
- Tualatin Estate Vineyards
Visit www.grandhotelbridgeport.com or contact our front desk at 866-968-5757 to learn more and reserve your package today!