We have said it before and we will say it again. It’s GREAT to be in the heart of Oregon wine country, a destination that grows in popularity every year.
Thanksgiving is always a special time in the Willamette Valley. Families and friends come together, and our local wineries open their doors to celebrate the harvest and to kick off the holiday season!
More than 160 Willamette Valley wineries will offer special tastings, food pairings, live music, holiday discounts, and more during the 30th Annual Wine Country Thanksgiving, November 29 to December 1, 2013.
Now is the time to plan your weekend! Visit www.oregonswashingtoncounty.com/Discover-Wine-Country to see a list of participating local wineries. Travelers can also order The Guide to Wine Country Thanksgiving in early November by clicking here.
Special Wine Tour packages are available here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport that include eight wine tasting vouchers to 4 wineries (listed below), one bottle of local Oregon wine, and late check out. This is the perfect way to make the most of the weekend by touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss.
Our partner vineyards include:
- Cooper Mountain Vineyards
- Oak Knoll Winery
- Ponzi Vineyards
- A Blooming Hill Vineyard
- Ardiri Winery and Vineyards
Visit www.grandhotelbridgeport.com or contact our front desk at 866-968-5757 to learn more and reserve your package today! Visit www.willamettewines.com for tips, recommended routes, and turn-by-turn directions on your mobile phone with the Willamette Valley Mobile Wine Tour.
Spend Thanksgiving in Oregon Wine Country! Willamette Valley kicks off the winter wine tasting and the holiday season during the 29th Annual Wine Country Thanksgiving Event November 25-27, 2011. More than 150 wineries and tasting rooms in the Willamette Valley will open their doors for special tastings and holiday festivities. For more information about participating wineries, visit willamettewines.com
To receive a mailer that includes a list of activities at each winery and a touring map, email info-at-willamettewines.com. Please include your mailing address when sending an email request.
Celebrate on your getaway with wine tasting and festivities by reserving your “Wining Encouraged” Wine Tour Package here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport. Touring some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries and end your adventure with us for a night of relaxing bliss. Our partner vineyards include:
Cooper Mountain Vineyards
Elk Cove Vineyards
Oak Knoll Winery
Plum Hill Vineyards
Tualatin Estate Vineyards
This package starts at $169.00, plus tax and includes: (8) wine tasting vouchers to the 4 wineries of your choice (1) bottle of local Oregon wine
To make the most of your Oregon wine tasting experience, follow these great Wine Tasting Tips compliments of Willamette Valley Wineries Association!
- Plan your route ahead. Visit wineries that are in close proximity to limit driving. Call ahead to confirm hours.
- Get a designated driver! For a carefree day of tasting…it’s the prudent thing to do. Take advantage of local tour services that are fun and affordable.
- Avoid wearing any perfume, cologne or heavily scented lotions. It will interfere with your tasting experience as well as the experience of those around you.
- Spit…like the professionals. Or use dump buckets that are often placed on tasting room bars. It’s the cool thing to do. You will be able to taste more fantastic wines.
- Ask a lot of questions. This is your opportunity to educate your palate and learn more about the wine making process. Tasting Room staff are friendly and love to share their knowledge with guests.
- Explore a new wine tasting region. Likely you’ll experience less congestion and you’ll have a great time tasting new wines! Check out our wine tasting routes for some ideas.
- Likewise, try a new type of wine or “varietal” during your wine tasting. You must taste the Valley’s signature Pinot Noirs, but don’t be afraid to try something new. You may like it!
- Visit small wineries and larger wineries to enjoy a variety of wine tasting experiences. Chat with winemakers in an intimate setting, taste from the barrel or enjoy some live music and specialty food pairings.
- Don’t miss out on special discounts and offers at wineries during tasting events. And, if you discover a winery you really love, consider joining their wine club. You’ll likely receive discounts, exclusive deals, access to special releases and free tastings.