Willamette Valley is recognized as one of the premier Pinot noir producing regions in the world. This is why we have partnered with some of our finest local wineries to bring the ultimate Oregon wine tasting experience to our guests.
In this post, we shine the spotlight one of our Wine Tour Package partner vineyards, Cooper Mountain Vineyards located in Beaverton, Oregon.
Nestled on the western slopes of an extinct volcano, Cooper Mountain Vineyards operates by a simple philosophy: wine is memory of land.
The vineyard was founded in 1978 by Dr. Robert Gross and his wife, Corrine when they planted their first Pinot and Chardonnay vines. Today Cooper Mountain Vineyards farms 123 acres scattered throughout the Northern Willamette Valley and offers certified organic and biodynamic Pinot noir, Pinot gris, and Chardonnay wines.
Their tasting room, located at 20121 SW Leonardo Ln. in Beaverton, is open from noon to 5pm daily. For more information, you can contact them by calling (503) 649-0027 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to like them on Facebook for updates and to see more photos like these:
When you reserve a Wine Tour Package at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, not only will you tour some of the valley’s finest vineyards and wineries, you will enjoy a relaxing evening in one of our luxurious guest rooms or suites only steps away from the shopping and dining amenities at Bridgeport Village.
Our Wine Tour Package includes complimentary tastings to the winery of your choice, one bottle of local Oregon wine, Gourmet Moonstruck Chocolates and a late check out of 1pm (so sleep in!).
Our partner vineyards include: Cooper Mountain Vineyards, Oak Knoll Winery, Ponzi Vineyards, A Blooming Hill Vineyard and Ardiri Winery and Vineyards. Packages are self-guided however we also work with Grape Escape, a local Wine Tour operator who provides transportation and guidance for an additional charge. Please contact them for the details. Click here to book our Wine Tour Package or call the Front Desk at 866-968-5757.
Some of the other hotel packages offered at the Grand Hotel Bridgeport include:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Washington Square Shopping Package
Dinner and a Movie
Plan Your Trip with the NEW Washington County Visitors Association 2013-2014 Official Visitor Guide!
In fact, we try to go out of our way to make sure our guests are having a wonderful visit and taking advantage of the many amenities and attractions in the Washington County Oregon area.
Whether you are visiting for a wedding, tax-free back to school shopping, Oregon wine tours, business, family or just to get away; we strongly encourage you to order or download a FREE copy of of the The Washington County Visitors Association (WCVA)’s 2013-2014 Official Oregon’s Washington County Visitor Guide.
Complete with new and updated information and features, the guide provides an overview of the myriad attractions, wineries, outdoor adventure spots, restaurants and lodging facilities in Washington County.
New this year are introductions to area winemakers, information about annual wine events, feature stories about the Vineyard and Valley Scenic Tour Route and the Tualatin Valley Scenic Bikeway and much more. In addition to the informative articles, the guide features images of the several of the county’s tastemakers and the diverse landscapes of Washington County, as well as new maps.
The WCVA publishes 150,000 guides annually, which are distributed at various locations throughout the state, including the Oregon Welcome Centers, Portland International Airport, Travel Portland’s Visitor Information Center, and chambers of commerce, wineries and other tourism-related businesses, as well as via Certified Folder Display Services. The WCVA also distributes several thousands of visitor guides, fulfilling requests from potential visitors, advertising lead programs and for distribution at events throughout the year.
The complimentary Official Washington County Visitors Guide may be requested online at oregonswashingtoncounty.com/Request-Visitor-Information, or by calling 503-644-5555, toll-free 800-537-3149 or by emailing email@example.com. You can also view a digital copy by clicking here.
Labor Day weekend is just weeks away and another summer is coming to a close. Before you put away that suitcase, there is time to book one last getaway before the summer ends.
Here are some fun local events to check out:
- Final concert of the 2012 Summer Concert Series 6:30-8:30pm in Bridgeport Village Center Court Thursday, August 30 featuring the The Beatniks (free)
- Final concert of the 2012 Tualatin Concerts on the Commons Friday, August 31 6:30-8:30 PM featuring Lino (Classical/ New Age Guitar). Concerts are held on the plaza near the lake at Tualatin Commons. (free)
- 16th annual Art In The Pearl Fine Arts & Crafts Festival in Portland
- This event features hundreds of talented artists and is considered to be one of the top crafts festivals in the country. Northwest Portland Park neighborhoods are filled with art, theater, music, and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
- Shopping: Labor Day Sales at Bridgeport Village
Labor Day weekend is also a terrific time to explore Willamette Valley’s Wineries. Many of them host open house events and invite guests to come in for tastings, tours and more. You can also create your own wine tour and drive the Vineyard and Valley Tour Route (please drive responsibly):
- Anam Cara Cellars with the Chehalem Mountains Winegrowers Labor Day Weekend Annual Open House Walk through the vines, taste the grapes from individual blocks along with barrel samples of the wines before blending. We’ll also have current releases and an informal “picnic.” Friendly dogs are very welcome. Tastings just $10 which includes food and great company! Location: Nicholas Vineyard, 22222 SW Nicholas View Drive,97140,Sherwood
- Labor Day Open House at Arborbrook Vineyards 17770 NE Calkins Lane Newberg, OR 97132 Bid adieu to summer at the annual Labor Day Open House Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
- Labor Day Weekend Open House at Archery Summit 18599 NE Archery Summit Road Dayton, OR 97114 Come out for a wonderful afternoon of Pinot Noir tasting tours and more. Sep 1st 2012 to Sep 3rd 2012
Kick it up a notch and reserve one of our packages that combine our luxurious guest rooms and suites with some of the best that the Bridgeport, Tigard and Tualatin areas have to offer. We currently offer the following packages. Visit grandhotelbridgeport.com for details:
“It’s Tee Time” Golf Package
Wine Tour Package
Bridgeport Shopping Package
Up, Up, and Away!
Lights, Camera, Action