Shopping is always tax-free in Oregon, and we happen to be in the heart of Oregon’s holiday shopping central! There are countless ways to “shop ’til you drop” and check off your holiday shopping list with tax-free finds.
Just for you holiday shoppers, we created the Grand Hotel at Bridgeport Shopping package to help you enjoy holiday shopping by day and unwind in your comfortable room at night. When you book this package, we will also give you a $25 gift card to Bridgeport Village or Woodburn Company Stores (you choose).
Enjoy amenities like free covered parking, free WiFi, indoor pool and workout room, cozy lobby with a fireplace, friendly service, free hot power-shopping breakfast……and the best part: Convenience! We are within walking distance of Bridgeport Village and a quick drive to retail mega-stores, unique wineries, luxury brand stores, eclectic boutiques, antique stores and outlet malls like Woodburn Company Stores,the largest outlet center in Oregon.
Here is a sample itinerary from the Washington County Visitors Association to help plan your holiday shopping excursion:
If “one-stop” holiday shopping fits better into your schedule, Washington County offers three major retail centers, each carrying a varied selection of retailers:
Bridgeport Village is one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier fashion and lifestyle shopping centers. Guests enjoy the European-style outdoor shopping experience with a unique blend of national and regional retailers, local and nationally recognized restaurants, bookstore, spa, and a first-run, multiplex movie theater. Highlights include:
- Extended holiday hours starting November 28
- Fun seasonal events like Photos with Santa, The Holiday Express Train and more. Click here to see center events.
Washington Square is a shopper’s paradise, with five major department stores–including Oregon’s largest Nordstrom–170 distinctive shops and diverse selection of eateries, perfect for a mid-shopping snack or a full meal. Out-of-area visitors can save even more with the Shopping & Dining Visitor Rewards Book. Highlights include:
- Extended holiday hours for shoppers’ convenience, including opening at midnight on “Black Friday” for “Midnight Madness”
- Seasonal events including Santa, caroling and more. Click here for Center Events.
- Five anchor stores, including Oregon’s largest Nordstrom
The Streets of Tanasbourne
The Streets of Tanasbourne, a neighborhood outdoor retail development in Hillsboro, mixes European charm with the convenience of a retail center. The center features more than 50 fabulous shops, including nationally known retailers like REI, H&M, Banana Republic, Macy’s, Charming Charlie and more.
- Santa, Holiday Tree Lighting on 11/28, Festival of Lights and more. Click here to see their list of events.
- Holiday hours to be announced
For the bibliophile(s) on your holiday list…
For something entirely different, experience Powell’s Books at Cedar Hills Crossing. This sister location to the famed Powell’s City of Books, located in downtown Portland, is an ideal addition to a Washington County shopping itinerary. At 32,500 square feet, filled with new and used books, appearances by noteworthy authors, and a knowledgeable, book-loving staff, this bookstore is a haven for bibliophiles.
If it’s handcrafted, one-of-a-kind, artisan gifts you are looking for…..
- Garden Home’s 30th Annual Holiday Bazaar (Dec. 6): Community event with more than 100 vendors selling handcrafted items, plus breakfast with Santa, used book sale and holiday carolers
- Sleighbells Surrounded by a Christmas tree farm, the world-class gift shop boasts hundreds of holiday items. Ornaments, gifts and trees are among the goodies that can be found here. Sleighbells is open daily (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day).
- Miki’s Christmas Shop is an Old-World holiday shop located in the tasting room at Shafer Vineyard Cellars. Recently renovated the shop features an extensive collection of German smokers, pyramids, nut crackers, ornaments and European holiday collectibles. The winery’s tasting room also had fun wine-related items and, of course, wine –perfect for holiday parties and gifts.
- Made in Oregon Oregon-made products are always a hit, so come here for unique treats and gifts.
- If shopping for someone with more vintage tastes, visit the area’s antiques and collectibles shops for that perfect holiday present.
Find your next treasure at one of these locations … or at any number of specialty shops sprinkled throughout the county Be sure to check out all of the unique, tax-free finds in Oregon’s Washington County.
Oregon’s Washington County