There are a number of reasons wine lovers flock to The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport each season. First and foremost, our hotel is located in Oregon’s famous Willamette Valley, a.k.a. “Oregon’s Wine Country”, named 2016 Wine Region of the Year by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. You will not find many hotels in our region with closer proximity to some of Willamette Valley’s most acclaimed wineries and breweries, especially the award winning wineries in the Tualatin Valley.
Spend a day, or several days exploring some of the region’s newest and undiscovered wineries. After a good nights rest, start your day with a complimentary hot breakfast before heading out to experience the unique and iconic wineries in our region. To help you plan your itinerary, here’s a list of some of the newest tasting rooms and well kept “secrets” in Oregon’s wine country courtesy of The Washington County Visitors Association (WCVA).
- Wine Tasting at Fullerton Wines– Fullerton Wines is a family-run winery that showcases its wines with a unique and personal tastings at its Beaverton tasting room. Founded in 2012, Fullerton produces Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, crafted from grapes grown throughout the Willamette Valley. *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 20 minutes
- Tour and tasting at Blizzard Wines This small-production winery opened its stunning tasting room during the last weekend of April 2017. Wine tasters can expect delicate Pinot Noirs that are made from the winery’s own estate, as well as big reds using grapes from Eastern Washington. The new tasting room, with stunning panoramic views, is open to the public, and offers private seated tastings by appointment. Located in Hillsboro, along the Tualatin Valley Scenic Bikeway, Blizzard produces Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from grapes grown on the estate, as well as a variety of “big reds” with grapes sourced from warmer wine-growing regions. (Tasting fee: $15 per person; Hours, Friday-Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.) *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 30 minutes
- Tour and tasting at Ruby Vineyard & Winery– Ruby Vineyard & Winery comprises 7.25 acres in the northern slope of the Chehalem Mountain AVA (American Viticultural Area), producing premium Pinot Noir from some of the oldest own-rooted vines in Oregon. Enjoy the picturesque views of Mt. Hood at Ruby’s new tasting room and taste Pinot Noir from Old Vines, Chardonnay and Rose of Pinot Gris. *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 30 minutes
- Stickmen Brewing– Lake Oswego-based Stickmen Brewing opened its new production facility and barrel room, complete with a taproom, in Tualatin. This Oregon craft brewery has earned several accolades, including winning a gold medal at the Oregon Beer Awards in 2016. The Stickmen Brewing Company Tualatin Beer Hall features a variety of craft brews, including year-round, seasonal and experimental beers, as well as barrel-aged and nitro beers. The brewery serves individual-sized wood-fired pizzas made from a pizza oven imported from Italy. stickmenbeer.com *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 15 minutes
- Ponzi’s Historic Estate, the original home of Ponzi Vineyards, is home to Hamacher Wines, an artisan wine producer of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Visitors to the winery and tasting room can taste (and purchase) Hamacher wines alongside wines from Ponzi Vineyards at the historic estate. hamacherwines.com *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 30 minutes
- Rallison Cellars, a boutique, vineyard estate winery located in Sherwood, Oregon, opened its first tasting room in Old Town Sherwood. Rallison has been producing wine for nearly three years at its vineyard and winery, located in the Chehalem Mountains. The winery produces a vast selection of single-vineyard red and white varietals, which may be tasted at its new tasting room. (Open Thursday-Sunday, 12-6 p.m.) *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: 20 minutes
- FlyBoy Brewing Company in Tigard- Local craft brewery, FlyBoy Brewing, recently opened its third location in Tigard. FlyBoy Brewery and Restaurant features its own beers, as well as more than 26 other local and regional craft brews and hard ciders. (Open daily, 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.) *Estimated distance from The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport: > 10 minutes
*Estimated time driving as calculated by Google Maps.
We also recommend booking the Wine Tour Package** here at The Grand Hotel at Bridgeport to experience the very best of Oregon Wine. In addition to a one night stay in one of our luxuriously appointed guest rooms with access to all of our amenities, this package includes (1) Bottle of local Oregon Wine, Gourmet Moonstruck Chocolates, late check out of 1pm and complimentary tasting for 2 at the following wineries *Excludes Special Events
Additional Buy One, Get One Free tasting certificates available upon request for the following wineries *Excludes Special Events
**Packages are self-guided, however, we also work with Grape Escape, a local Wine Tour operator who provides transportation and guidance for an additional charge. Please contact them for the details.