Photo Credit: Big Al’s in Beaverton
When traveling with children, finding kid-friendly options is essential to combat restlessness and boredom. Whether you’re planning a trip for spring break, summer vacation, the holidays or just because- fun-seekers of all ages will be relieved to know that this area is chock-full of kid-friendly amenities and endless adventures to choose from, both indoors and out.
Our region is known for thrilling outdoor recreational options like zip-line parks, rural wetlands, nature parks, wildlife refuges, cycling trails, waterways and forests. Visitors from around the globe can easily find opportunities to enjoy hiking, cycling, paddle trips, fishing, wildlife watching and other outdoor pursuits.
For families traveling during inclement weather, you can still find plenty of fun and adventure! We have a number of fabulous kid-approved indoor entertainment centers open year-round, rain or shine.
Here are some ideas to help you build your kid-friendly travel itinerary on your next visit to The Grand Hotel Bridgeport.
- Play a round of mini golf at Tualatin Island Greens.
- Explore beautiful state parks, hiking and biking opportunities right in our backyard!
- Play on the interactive outdoor playground or explore other kid-friendly events like outdoor concerts and Camp Bridgeport at Bridgeport Village (just steps away from our hotel!)
- Hang out at one of the many local parks in Tualatin or Tigard.
- Hit the Tualatin River Greenway Trail for a relaxing day in nature.
- Spend a day interacting with local producers and sampling foods at a local Farmers Market.
- In June, a visit to the Festival of Balloons, an annual weekend celebration of air balloons with carnival rides, a fun-run, food, music and more is a MUST! This year’s festival dates are June 22nd-24th, 2018.
- Unwind and splash around the sparkling clean indoor pool and spa at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport.
- “Free-bounce” off the walls and/or join in on a lively game of trampoline dodgeball at Sky High Sports.
- Catch the latest blockbuster or IMAX movie at Regal Bridgeport Village Stadium 18 & IMAX (steps away from our hotel).
- Go skydiving, without the plane at iFly Indoor Skydiving. The first of its kind experience in Oregon, iFly Indoor Skydiving offers a free-falling experience featuring a vertical wind tunnel for thrill seekers of all abilities.
- (Outdoors too!) Play a round of miniature golf, race go-karts and indulge in a carefree day of laser tag, bumper boats, arcade games, a cyber coaster, Kidopolis Playland and so much more at Family Fun Center and Bullwinkle’s Restaurant! Parents can unwind too at their full-service restaurant and snack bar.
- Explore more than 200 species of birds, 50 species of mammals, 25 species of reptiles and amphibians, and a variety of insects, fish and plants at the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge. Be sure to stop by the Wildlife Center and nature store.
- Go bowling and explore a 7,000 sq. ft. arcade at Big Al’s. You can also catch a game in their stadium-style, family-friendly sports bar and restaurant.
- Play bumper cars, twister, video games and more before indulging in a delicious pizza, pasta and salad buffet at John’s Incredible Pizza Company.
Explore evergreen and deciduous forests, creeks, wetlands and ponds, and nearly five miles of trails at Tualatin Hills Nature Center. Don’t forget your binoculars, as red-tailed hawks, blue heron, deer, squirrels, rabbits and reptiles are commonly sighted in this 222-acre wildlife preserve.
Outdoor adventures a little further out (but totally worth the drive)
Take a spectacular guided zip line canopy tour or master the challenges on a rope course at Tree to Tree Adventure Park a.k.a. “playground in the trees.”
Stroll through 40 acres of natural beauty at Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm in Woodburn. The annual Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival each spring (March 23rd-April 30th, 2018) is a MUST SEE.
Let us be your guide on your next trip! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff members are always happy to offer suggestions! Give us a call at (503) 968-5757 for more information about kid-friendly vacations at The Grand Hotel Bridgeport.